Stainless 10/22 carbine version

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AkRay

Single-Sixer
This is one of the 10/22s with the short carbine barrel, but it's in the all weather configuration(stainless barrel and receiver and zytel stock). I'm going to meet a guy tonight to buy his for $175.00. Are these 10/22s as hard to find as I think they are meaning kind of rare, or are they just fairly new to the market so I haven't seen any other ones yet? At any rate, I get to buy a good gun for a good price tonight. I'm happy!

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
They are not as common as the wood stocked variety, but not by any means rare.

$175 is actually a very decent price on that gun. Because it is all stainless, aluminum, and zytel....that gun is basically indestructible in its current form.

AkRay

Single-Sixer
The barrel length on this gun is supposed to be 16 1/2", if that makes any difference. It doesn't have the standard length 10/22 barrel on it and I don't think it has a barrel band. The guy was pretty specific about that.

AkRay

Single-Sixer
I went and bought the rifle. It's nothing special, just a regular all weather stainless gun. The kid I bought it from didn't know what he was talking about when he described it to me. It's still a good rifle, just not as interesting as I thought it might be.

chet15

Hawkeye
HMMM! Didn't know Ruger was offering an all-weather version with the 16-1/2" "compact" barrel on it. Is the barrel being measured from the front of the bolt or from the front of the receiver?
Chet15

AkRay

Single-Sixer
No, this rifle is a typical stainless steel with zytel stock 10/22 and 18 1/2" bbl. The guy I bought it from pointed to the word "carbine" on the receiver to support his claim that it was an unusual gun. I think all 10/22s say carbine on thiem. It's accurate and the iron sights are well regulated. I did have some stovepipe jams but the bolt was pretty dry. I took the gun apart to clean it and there was only a small amount of gunk accumulated in the corners of the receiver so I don't think the gun was fired very much. I think the stovepipes will go away with use.

AkRay

Single-Sixer
I'm liking this one more every time I take it out and shoot it. I ran a couple hundred rounds through it last night with no failures to feed. My Tactical Solutions 25 rd magazine goes right into this gun and I went through 2 full loadings as fast as I could pull the trigger with no malfunctions. This 10/22 has been showing me some endearing qualities.