Stainles 1981 New Model 357 Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

memaddog

Bearcat
I was wondering if anyone knew the correct Factory Box for the Stainless 357 New Model Blackhawk with the 4 5/8 Barrel & the correct Manual for it? If you do, please let me know.
Thanks!
memaddog

gotta know the serial number range ( vintage) the 'New models' first came out in 1973 with a red/white fold up ,one piece box ( very flimsy) and that lasted till the early 80's , then it was the yellow/black end, one piece ,fold up box, till the gray ,plastic cases came out , same goes for the manual, would need the date of the guns make, to have the 'correct' manual , which are dated down in the lower right hand corner.......hope this helps

memaddog

Bearcat
Hi Dan,
I got the number for you if you can help me out. It's 35-909xx.
I picked it up a couple weeks ago at a gun-show and love it. I just wanted to maybe pick-up the right box and manual to have a complete set, I try to do that with all my keepers!
Thanks!
Michael

OK< thats pretty darn close to the change-over, at the 1981 year for your gun, I looked through my 'stuff and the highest red/white box I have is a 34 prefix and the lowest yellow/black box I have is at 36 prefix.....dooh.......hey Chet15 ,what do YOU think ( know....) :roll: