SS Single Six 3 H&R 32 5.5" adjustable sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

48flyer

Single-Sixer
Produced maybe a year ago?
At the same time, they made a blued, fixed sight 5.5 barreled version that i picked up. The stainless had ugly hi viz sigths on it, which seemed way to big for the gun.
Pass

wdr2

Bearcat
I have one! I think they made about 100. The revolver is currently getting new stocks, sight replacement, and an action job so I have not shot it yet. The fiber optics sights likely turned a few off but they are easy to replace. Nice gun, at 36.4oz it's about 5oz heavier than my 6.5in Blued 32H&R Single Six due to the stainless steel grip frame. Throats are 0.312in. Holds well, nice job Ruger. I don't understand why these were a short run.

More info here:
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=235983

Here's one:
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/581856710

I have one and appreciate the ugly "fishing lure" sights because my old eyes can actually SEE them!

I assume (guess) that these were a short "cleanup" run only because of the popularity of the Single Seven.

G2

Hunter
xtratoy said:
I saw that one but by the time it left the FFL at minimum bid it would cost a couple dollars short of $700. :(

Sounds like theses were/are very low in amount of production, reminds me of the stainless 22 Birdshead convertible, now find one if those for a song & dance.

I know the fun is in the hunt, but my experience is the time to buy is when you have the opportunity.

A few years from now you will forget about the extra hundee :roll:

Ditmo

Single-Sixer
I bought one of the blued ones after reading about it here. Looked on gallery of guns and they still had some so I ordered it up. It is a great shooter, and cheap to reload. Already had the dies and brass from a SP101 32H&R. If I find odd ball stuff that I want, I buy it right then and there. Every time I've waited it can't be found or the price goes sky high. I just picked up a No.1 in 7.62x39 because I probably would never see another one.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Bravo!

10 minutes with a 327 reamer and you can have a 6 shot 327 Fed Mag, easiest conversion there ever was. I've done several.

The cyl is slightly shorter than the single seven 327s, but not an issue. The converted 32 H&R cyl will fit all factory off the shelf ammo and shoot fine; even though the bullets will stick out of the converted 32 mag cyl .003", they work fine because the bar to cyl gap accommodates the slightly too long bullets.

Even longer/heavier bullets can be reloaded if just seated a little deeper in the cases.