SS .44 Special Flattop in our future ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jengel

Bearcat
A little birdie told me the other day that they (Lipseys) just might have that in their near future. I told them they needed to make a .41 mag Blackhawk in Stainless since it had never been done before.

Colorado_Bisley

Bearcat
I've been hoping for a stainless flattop .44Sp, too. Just got my blued and would love a 4 5/8" SS to go with it and my 24/624s.

VAdoublegunner

Single-Sixer
I would really like one of those in SS, what a perfect field and woodswalking handgun!

But I already have 2 of the 4 5/8" blued ones. How could I possibly justify getting SS? Sell my blued ones out for SS? Man, that would be a tough rationalization!

Hmmm, maybe a SS in .41 Mag could work...

Allen207

Single-Sixer
Quarterbore":4jdr1v3h said:
Make mine in 45 Colt and they can count on a purchase from me :wink:

I agree with Quarterbore. I would probably buy a .44, but I would definitely buy a .45.

batmann

Single-Sixer
I'm in. I would trade my blued Lipsey's for a stainless in a heart beat. Ruger's just look better in stainless, not to mention the ease of maintaining the pistola.

1ruger

Single-Sixer
I personally don't like the look of SS guns.
Not that there is any wrong with SS guns but I like the traditional look of blued or parkerized guns with wood grip. I'm even warming up to these new high-tech moly finish. One gripe I have with Ruger is that quality of their blue finish lags behind other manufacturers.
I think I only have 4 or 5 "white" guns.

Rclark

Hunter
I prefer blued myself. Only have one 'naked' revolver ... a .44 SBH. At some point I want to exchange it for a blued .44 SBH with the original larger grip style.

As for a naked .44 special... naw. Maybe blued flattop in .45 Colt .....

I like the idea of a flattop-sized Blackhawk, in stainless.

But after a year of being on the waiting list with three different FFL's, and still not receiving a .44 Special, I finally came to my senses and realized it was an omen, and I don't need one.

So, if a stainless model materializes, it wont be available to me, anyway. :cry:

WAYNO.

M'BOGO

Buckeye
Put me down for one. Chin up WAYNO, look at the Ruger website, good things come to those who wait. NVB-444 OR 445 are 2010 catalog items, .44 flattops for all.

Dale53

Blackhawk
I have a 5½" Lipsey Special and like it JUST FINE, thank you :p .

I won't be getting rid of it anytime soon. It now has a nice trigger and it shoots extremely well. Long story, short - it is a keeper.

However, If I had had a choice it would have been stainless. I am totally sold on stainless for a field revolver.

I recently took delivery of a Ruger SS Bisley 5½" .45 Colt/.45 ACP convertible and the finish is actually a bit better than my .44 Lipsey Special and/or my 50th Anniversary .44 Magnum.

All three of these are VERY nice revolvers and most anyone would be happy to own one of them, I would think.

Dale53

Latest posts