SRH trigger/action questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Vance in Ak

Bearcat
Hi all.

Figured one of my 1st posts here might as well show my ignorance.
I just bought a SRH in 480 on GB. Haven't even touched it yet, but if it's anything like the Redhawk & GP 100 I had years ago it could probably use a little help in the action dept (smoothness & trigger pull).
This gun will probably be replacing my mod 29 as my primary handgun hunting piece. I've played with the internals on the BH a bit, but never these.
Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Welcome, I don't own a Super-Redhawk but there are a lot of similarities with the other Ruger double-actions. First is the modular design that allows the major components to be dis-assembled. (check owners manual).

The second thing is most of the current double-actions are pretty good out of the box. If after a good break-in period you feel the action or trigger needs a little work there are instructions on polishing and slicking-up the action. There are also reduced-power spring kits available from most big online retailers.

I hope this helps you and feel free to ask questions. :D :D

...Jimbo

flatgate

Hawkeye
I've "tinkered" on both, the RH and SRH. I was intimidated by the RH but the SRH seemed much more "basic". I chose to polish "high friction" surfaces and lightly "touch up" the sear and call it good.

JMHO,

flatgate

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
Vance pm me your email I have several articles on what to do to RH to smooth and lighten them up. The only difference in the info between the RH and SRH is the number of springs to run the action. 1 for the RH and 2 for the SRH. Otherwise all the info is interchangable.