SRH 7 1/2 44 mag with Diamond D Guides Choice holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Voodoosan

Bearcat
I recently got a new Super Redhawk 44 mag with the 7 1/2 barrel. It's the updated design I guess that has the three screw front sight and the crowned or whatever barrel. I still don't know when this design change occurred.

I needed a holster so I ordered a Galco DAO belt holster for it. The DAO is a great holster. Great quality for production......but the weight of the SRH will pull my pants down even with my gun belt haha. However I found that holster is good for transporting in a bag or something. But for me it's not that practical for belt carry. Yes I can do it....but not my favorite method.

Even though I'm in Texas and we don't have open carry I do spend time up in north Texas on my buddy's land and out there you better carry. The wild hogs are always problematic out there as well as other stuff.

So for field carry I decided to with the Guides Chioce from Diamond D Custom Leather out of Alaska. This chest rig is comfortable, very well made, easy to get on and off quickly, and practical for my uses. I ordered the reload pouch and that allows me to carry 6 rounds extra. The holster is not designed for scoped guns and mine isn't scoped so keep that in mind.

So while the SRH isn't a practical choice for concealed carry with the cooler weather I can put it on and my jacket totally covers it up. No I don't carry it but if I go from the ranch and drive into town for gas, food etc it can stay on but it's just as easy to slip it off. This is the biggest and heaviest handgun I own.

So if you are looking for a great chest rig check out their site. I'm supremely happy with it. Great CS too. I called in to order and spoke to a nice young lady who squared me away and a few days later my rig showed up. I'm in the process of getting pics of the gun and the rig and it being worn and used in the field so I will update this post.

Voodoosan

Bearcat
Bear Paw Jack said:
Good report. I really like mine as well. Good company to do business with.

You know what? That's a HUGE thing with me is customer service and product guarantee . I would order from them in a heartbeat for my next holster. I was very impressed with they communication and help I got when I emailed with questions.