SR9s Slight peening

Help Support Ruger Forum:

zbird

Bearcat
Anyone else seeing peening on there SR9c? I have about 125 rounds through mine and I'm starting to see some slight peening on the top of barrel about 1.5 inch back from the front sight. Or where the barrel meets the top of the slide. I've had no malfunctions, 100 % reliable. I'm hoping it's just breaking in and it will stop.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
zbird":2rc3vcfo said:
Anyone else seeing peening on there SR9c? I have about 125 rounds through mine and I'm starting to see some slight peening on the top of barrel about 1.5 inch back from the front sight. Or where the barrel meets the top of the slide. I've had no malfunctions, 100 % reliable. I'm hoping it's just breaking in and it will stop.

Hey zbird, can you post a pic of it?

zbird

Bearcat
Never posted a pic. Took some, will try to post. Please bear with me.

zbird

Bearcat
SR9C peening pictures (hopefully):
47966285@N03
(alt+p)

zbird

Bearcat
Obviously posting pictures didn't work. Can someone help with picture posting?

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I tried to pull up zbird's link on flickr this morning with no luck.
Try to put it up on photobucket, zbird, you'll have to open an account but it's pretty easy after that.

zbird

Bearcat
I had problems with photobucket. I have opened the pictures on flickr to all viewers. Sorry for the inconvenience. I had expected the photos to post here without a problem. Please see the photos at flickr. You will need to copy link to browser until I am more educated on how to post pictures. Thanks for understanding. http://www.flickr.com/photos/47966285@N03/

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I looked at the pics, if you don't feel a slightly raised edge that maybe just a little sharp, I would call that polishing. All semi auto's will do that somewhere on the barrel.

jhearne

Buckeye
Yeah, +1 on what Cheese said, my SR9 showed the tiniest amount of peening on the edge of the barrel and that's all it ended up being.

Josh

zbird

Bearcat
Thanks for the replies, I feel better now. The only reason I was concerned as everyone knows the posts and pictures about the SR9 peening problems. And yes Cheesewhiz there was a very slight and I do mean slight raised edge that I did feel but I took a stone to it before I took the pictures.

Iron Mike Golf

Blackhawk
I had a tiny bit of peening as well. At 700 rds, I took a few swipes with a stone. No seen/felt more as of 900 rds.

rugerfan100

Single-Sixer
If the gun is new, then I would not hesitate to email Ruger (preferable because you could send them the link like you have done here for them to see exactly what is happening) or call them and tell them what is happening. Judging by your picks, I would bet on it that they will be sending you a shipping label and you will be sending that one in to be replaced.....

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
rugerfan100":1n70hq5r said:
If the gun is new, then I would not hesitate to email Ruger (preferable because you could send them the link like you have done here for them to see exactly what is happening) or call them and tell them what is happening. Judging by your picks, I would bet on it that they will be sending you a shipping label and you will be sending that one in to be replaced.....

rugerfan, you can tell from a few blurry pics that the gun needs to go back to Ruger?