SR9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rugerfreak

Single-Sixer
I'll probably look into one---not gonna be the guinea pig or the first on the block to have one though.

Hopefully they resolved the timing/peening issues.

Grendel

Single-Sixer
rugerfreak":3r0ovzth said:
I'll probably look into one---not gonna be the guinea pig or the first on the block to have one though.

Getting them fixed for the SR9 doesn't necessarily mean they'll be fixed for the SR9c, and vice versa. Different size and weight slides, different barrel lengths and velocities/pressures, and a significantly different recoil spring system mean different timing.

I may look into one if I ever get any disposable income, but right now I'm more focused on an LCP purchase for the wife in the near future.

-JT

jhearne

Buckeye
They did redesign the Mag Release, it's a "D" shape rather the original "O" shape of the SR9. The button won't rotate when we press it, allowing it to operate more efficiently I think.

I won't be getting one anytime soon, not saying I don't like it, I just don't have that disposable income. I also wasn't impressed enough to bump the SP2022 from the top of my gun list. Depending on how well it performs though, I may look into one in the future.

Kudos to Ruger for finally bringing another SR pistol to life.

Josh

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
Grendel":2ltc5xjr said:
rugerfreak":2ltc5xjr said:

Getting them fixed for the SR9 doesn't necessarily mean they'll be fixed for the SR9c, and vice versa. Different size and weight slides, different barrel lengths and velocities/pressures, and a significantly different recoil spring system mean different timing.

I may look into one if I ever get any disposable income, but right now I'm more focused on an LCP purchase for the wife in the near future.

-JT

I'd think they must have this work out by now, for sure they cant afford another Bad launch? There's room in the market for a compact around the $400.00 for less price point. Time will tell!

Grendel

Single-Sixer
3leggeddog":1o4jrpnu said:
I'd think they must have this work out by now, for sure they cant afford another Bad launch? There's room in the market for a compact around the $400.00 for less price point. Time will tell!

I'm hoping they applied what they learned from the SR9 to the SR9c, and am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, as I'm sure they don't want to deal with the negative publicity and overall hassle of another recall.

I'm not sure it'll be a sub-$400 gun, as the MSRP is the same as the full-size SR9, I think.

-JT

jhearne

Buckeye
hittman":sat3r9rf said:
3leggeddog":sat3r9rf said:
There's room in the market for a compact around the $400.00 for less price point.

You're darn right there is but Ruger is a swing and a miss on this one. Their MSRP is $525.00 and the gun is dang near as large as the P-Series, is $75 more than a Taurus 709 Slim and about $125.00 higher than the KelTec P-11. Not to mention 10 ounces heavier, and longer, and thicker, and wider. I don't get it.

You don't get it because you're comparing Apples to Oranges.

As for it's price point and design, don't think about the Single Stack 9mm's, this is a Double Stack so it belongs with the other's in it's category, Glock G19, or the Sig P250 in the Compact Variant. If Ruger were to make a Single Stack 9mm, I don't think it would be an SR variant.

It may not be a "Home Run", but it's a step in the right direction, granted there are no Recalls this time around. A single stack 9mm wouldn't be a bad idea sometime in the future, done right, I'd buy one.

Josh

Grendel

Single-Sixer
hittman":3w1q5kpb said:
Well the "C" in SR9C supposedly stands for COMPACT. This gun ain't that.

Single stack, double stack or short stack with a side of hash browns.....makes no difference for those looking for a COMPACT.

For an apples-to-apples just what gun does the SR9C compare to? P95? CZ75? Sig2022?

Hard position to defend, as there aren't any industry standard specifications for "compact" that I'm aware of. It's a comparative descriptor, and compared to the full-size SR9, the SR9c IS compact, as it's clearly a smaller gun clearly based off the SR9.

The full-size SR9 already is slim enough for comfortable concealed carry. YMMV, but my SR9 is my EDC, and in a Crossbreed belt and Supertuck, it carries and conceals perfectly for me. Smaller (more COMPACT) grip size would aid in concealment, and the shorter (more COMPACT) barrel and slide would aid in comfort.

You say "tomato"...

-JT

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
I_Like_Pie":1tx89fo2 said:
hittman":1tx89fo2 said:
For an apples-to-apples just what gun does the SR9C compare to? P95? CZ75? Sig2022?

My guess would be the 3 biggest sellers in the segment

XD9
M&P

Is it not closer to a XD-c or clock-26 , or a MP-c?
Its smaller than a CZ75 or a Sig 2022 -recheck your size!

captalny

Bearcat
I too was Hoping Ruger was gonna come up with a Compact 9mm.
(9mm LCP?)

Here's a Quick Size Comparison

New Ruger SR9c

Length: 6.875"
Height: 5.00"
Width: 1.27"

Additional Mag Capacity: 17 Rounds

Glock G19

Length: 6.85
Height: 5.00"
Width: 1.18"

Additional Mag Capacity: 17/19/33 Rounds

I thought the "C" in SR9"c" stood for Compact.

Oh Well..................Maybe, Next time.............

revhigh

Hawkeye
The G19 IS marketed as a compact, the G26 is the sub-compact.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
3leggeddog":3q1yc28c said:
I_Like_Pie":3q1yc28c said:
hittman":3q1yc28c said:

My guess would be the 3 biggest sellers in the segment

XD9
M&P

Is it not closer to a XD-c or clock-26 , or a MP-c?
Its smaller than a CZ75 or a Sig 2022 -recheck your size!

ILP just didn't put the 'C' after his list of guns ... trust me ... he knows what guns he was referring to. However, everyone seems to think the G19 is NOT a compact ... it in fact IS a compact 17, the G26 is a SUB-compact.

REV

Turbobuddha

Single-Sixer
The big selling point for me is the 1" shorter height (through the grip). The barrel length is a non issue for me as it tucks down into the jeans just fine. I think would make a nice addition for the few of us using teh SR9 for CC as the shorter grip would help conceal on those hot supper days.

As for the width, It's the same as the SR9 which is pretty slim. Not going to get a 9mm much thinner than that. I think the width on the website is across the thumb safeties. Maybe. I'll have to measure one when I get home now to see if I know what I'm talking about.

I wouldn't mind having those front slide serations on my training gun (SR9). And anyone else notice the slightly tweaked mag release buttons? They're D shaped. Wonder if it works better than the other. I've had to tweak mine a couple times.