sr9c vs sr9/g19/m&p9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chris1

Bearcat
This thread is in response to the author of the thread looking for pictures to compare the compact glocks to the sr9c. I have taken a series of pictures comparing the new sr9c I got today to the sr9, m&p9c, and Glock g19. If this forum doesn't limit the size of my posts I will post all the pics on the first post, but if not there will be several posts in a row all with pictures.

compacts1.jpg

compacts10.jpg

compacts11.jpg

compacts12.jpg

compacts13.jpg

compacts14.jpg

compacts15.jpg

compacts2.jpg

compacts3.jpg

compacts4.jpg

compacts5.jpg

compacts6.jpg

compacts7.jpg

compacts8.jpg

compacts9.jpg

rangeday4.jpg

sr9vssr9c.jpg

Range day prep photo:

rangeday3.jpg

This is my girlfriend's hand on the sr9c. Her pinky actually fits somewhat well without the finger extention on the small mag.

blondiewsr9c.jpg

kd4rgwml

Single-Sixer
Awahhhh you got girl cooties on your SR9c just have to get another one :shock: :shock: :shock:

Nice guns and the display was great thanks.

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
You should be ashamed owning all of those nasty plastic weapons. :wink:

The Glock and SRs place the bore axis closest to the hand.

Forgot how small The M&P9c is.

Anyone who thinks the other guys didn't copy Glock is in denial.

Nice comparo but you were just showing off there at the end. :mrgreen:

Chris1

Bearcat
kd4rgwml":2w6ijec6 said:
Awahhhh you got girl cooties on your SR9c just have to get another one :shock: :shock: :shock:

Nice guns and the display was great thanks.

I think it is a little to late for me. She already claimed BOTH sr9's as HERS! She always says to me, "what's yours is mine!" but I think she isn't going to share. Not fair. :(

revhigh

Hawkeye
ArmedinAZ":3cj18feh said:

About the same as a G26, I'd say. The SR9 looks almost identical in size to the 19.

REV

Chris1

Bearcat
revhigh":20vi2z3c said:
ArmedinAZ":20vi2z3c said:

About the same as a G26, I'd say. The SR9 looks almost identical in size to the 19.

REV

The g19 is right in the middle size wise as the sr9 and sr9c. The M&P9c and sr9c are nearly identical in size. The m&p has been my ccw piece ever since I got it as the g19 used to have the job. I bought the sr9c for the safety and mag disconnect which are features that I like. There are many positives to the sr9c over the m&p, but I'm not sure which one I will end up carrying daily. I will try them both and decide from there. As I said before my girl really likes the sr9c and sr9, so the compact will likely end up as her ccw piece and the sr9 the glovebox gun. Magazine interchangeability between the two and training will be easy for her. If I miss it that much I will just have to buy another. :twisted:

Pyromike

Single-Sixer
Great pics! I appreciate the comparisons. Now, can someone compare the SR9c w/ the LCP. I've been looking locally but no one has an SR9c yet. I want to handle one before I make an order. I just wonder how the new SR9c will carry compared to the LCP.

Thanks again for the pics!

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the pics and congrats! I have an SR9c on order from Bud's. I'm expecting it in on Tuesday. I think it is going to fit very nicely in my carry line up and I am hoping it fits into one of my current holsters.

I did a measurement comparison with some of the Glocks based only on the specs, and the SR9c seems to compare best to the Glock 36. Almost identical in every dimension. When I get the SR9c I will do some comparison pics and post them here.

kscott

Single-Sixer
buckshot... nope, it's double stack, just like the full-size.

pyromike... I can't get ya one with a LCP, but when my buddy swings by tomorrow or Sunday, I'll have him bring his P3AT and I'll snap a couple photos.

Chris1

Bearcat
blume357":28wryx2l said:
I'd like to see a picture of the SR9C beside a P95 if that is possible.

I don't have a p95(yet) so I can't help you there.

On another note I forgot to mention that if you use the pinky extention you will definitely feel the gap on the heel of your hand. My m&p has nearly identical dimensions as noticed above, but you notice the gap much more on the sr9c. Should have done a couple pictures with the finger extention and larger m&p mag as the m&p comes with 2 mags also. both are 12 rounders but one has a slight extention on it for your bottom finger. i actually carry it usually with the larger mag.

G XXII

Bearcat
Wow you got a Girl with your gun?? Awesome !!! Great post, I think a lot of people have been curious, I know it helped me compare. Thanks. G

Chris1

Bearcat
Went to the range today and it looks like I no longer have ownership of either sr9! The girlfriend said, "I want them both!" so she gets them. They were her favorites out of everything we shot.

Al James

Hunter
Chris1":16jswfws said:
Went to the range today and it looks like I no longer have ownership of either sr9! The girlfriend said, "I want them both!" so she gets them. They were her favorites out of everything we shot.

Interesting picks! Might be more to that than most would realize. If she is an unbiased shooter that is. I have noticed that the SR9 design seems to handle quite nice during firing.

Chris1

Bearcat
she could barely hit the paper with the m&p but with the sr9's she was getting 6 inch groups at 30 feet. I know those aren't impressive numbers, but this is only her 2nd time ever to the range and I felt that she did very well with them.

Chris1

Bearcat
KenW.":rjsgt43i said:
What? No XD9SC?

Maybe I'll get one later. My next two purchases at this point are a sig 238 for a micro carry gun and then a beretta 92. I shot best with the beretta 96 out of all the handguns I have so I want the original m9/92fs to add to the collection as well.

Latest posts