SR9c Range Report - Pics

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
Hello All:

My SR9c ordered from Bud's arrived yesterday, and I picked it up from my local FFL dealer. I ordered mine with the brushed stainless finish. It is also available in black.

The gun comes with one 10 round mag, a grip extension for the 10 rd. mag, and a 17 round mag with a sleeve that fits at the bottom of the mag. It also comes with a magazine loader which really helped on the range with the new, stiff magazine springs. The gun also has an interchangeable back strap that can be reversed to provide either a straight drop or curved.

Here's what she looks like:

SR9cc.jpg

On the range:

I fired a total of 200 rounds and had no failures of any kind. The ammo was Rem UMC 115 gr.fmj, Fed 115 fmj, Georgia Arms 115 fmj, and some of my own reloads of cast 124gr.RNL. The trigger was a bit mushy, had a short reset, and the point where the trigger breaks was a bit vague, not terrible, but not great either. Accuracy was as good as my Glock 19, and a bit better than the Kahr CW9. The gun's perceived recoil was about the same as when shooting a Glock 26. The sights are quite good, and the gun shot to point of aim.

Carry:

This gun is a great carry gun. The stated width is 1.27", but, that is the measurement across the ambidextrous safeties. The actual width of the slide is only .92". It weighs 24 oz. and has a nice slim grip.
A have a holster from Grizzle leather that was made for my Sig SP 2022, but oddly enough it fits the SR9c like a glove!

As I mentioned in a previous thread, statistically the SR9c matches the size of the Glock 36. They are pretty close. Here's a pic:

SR9_G36c.jpg

Here's a comparison with my Kahr CW9

SRLc_CW92.jpg

So far, I am quite pleased with this little guy!

PB

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
jhearne":2jkpnwl5 said:
Nice report and good pics, glad its a good shooter.

Use this link for the how-to on posting pics from Photobucket.

Josh

Thanks Josh. Your method was the exact method I always used in the past. For some strange reason, when I go to photobucket, and place the curser under the picture I want to post, no menu opens under the picture. I can't figure why???

jhearne

Buckeye
They recently changed Photobucket, somethings have changed, and some people are seeing different results.

I just go to "Newest Uploads" and click on the picture I want to use....this is what I see and use:
doodle.png

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
Photobucket has changed the start page when you first get there under your pics it says in so&so default album click on that and that will get you to your album where you can then get what you need to copy pics. Good luck Dusterman

Talegunner

Bearcat
buckshotshorty...............Seems we have a few things in common looking at your photobucket album..........We both own Kahr's( CW-45,MK-40) Sr9's (sr9c,sr9) and Honda VTX's(04 VTXc) if that is yours in the album ............ :D TG

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
Talegunner":2ie87iow said:
buckshotshorty...............Seems we have a few things in common looking at your photobucket album..........We both own Kahr's( CW-45,MK-40) Sr9's (sr9c,sr9) and Honda VTX's(04 VTXc) if that is yours in the album ............ :D TG

Yup! That's mine......the VTX is a 2005, 1300.

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
Wow Josh!!!

Thanks a million for taking the time and giving me that graphic description.

As you can see above, I got it.....I am grateful!

pb

jhearne

Buckeye
buckshotshorty":1m8hab60 said:
Wow Josh!!!

Thanks a million for taking the time and giving me that graphic description.

As you can see above, I got it.....I am grateful!

pb

No problem, though, I'll admit I use the power of the web and it's tools for such stuff like this, even at work ;).

I'm using Google Chrome as my browser with the Aviary Screen Capture extension (an app that works inside the Chrome Browser). Takes a screen shot of my viewable screen, or just inside the browser like I did. Copies it to a proprietary website to let you do some minor or actual editing, just a few arrows in my case, and then save it to your computer from there. Upload to Photobucket and presto. Neat little screen capture how-to's. Much easier and intuitive than I make it sound. Was impressed with the simplicity.

Josh

fossils and guns

Single-Sixer
I'm a big guy (6'4" & 270lbs), but I don't like carrying large guns for CCW. However, the SR9 is perfect for me for cold weather CC (summer's I carry my LCR). The SR9 is VERY slim and the design is great.
When I 1st bought my SR9 I just thought it was at the lower tier of polymer pistols, and figured since it was cheap I'd use it as my "beat around" gun. I underestimated it (or misunderestimated it if I were 'W) for sure. My SR9 has been extremely accuracte, rivaling my XDM. Also, I have had zero reliability issues -- dirty or clean!!