SR9c $price?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mike J

Hunter
It is real. Here is a direct link to PSA's site. http://palmettostatearmory.com/catalog/product/view/id/22815/s/ruger-pistol-sr9c-ss-9mm-with-3-mags-3339
The deal expires tomorrow though.

FWIW. I have used PSA twice. The first time I bought a kit & stripped lower for my AR. Everything I had shipped to the house came quickly. The stripped blemished lower was slow to ship & after I called & fussed they said my FFLs information was not on file. He said they had it & I believe him but he resent it anyway. I believe it was just an excuse.

The last time I bought my little Taurus from them. I ordered it on a Sunday & it was delivered to my FFL on Thursday. I picked it up that Friday. So they did better.

Mike J

Hunter
It says "Temporarily Out of Stock" now. If I had been in a position to buy I would have been really tempted to jump on that one.

Mike J. I still can't break down and get a Ruger auto. I've been looking at a 9E, but now I'm accountable to my gun collection to replace the .44 magnums I sold to fund my new-found .45 Colt obsession.

I even sold my Desert Eagle .50 cal.
This project is a big one... lol

Mike J

Hunter
DA I don't need another 9mm but if I had bought it I might have sold another gun. I suspect you have a lot more handguns than I do. To be honest there are other things I am more interested in now but that would have been tempting if finances were better.

Mike J said:
DA I don't need another 9mm but if I had bought it I might have sold another gun. I suspect you have a lot more handguns than I do. To be honest there are other things I am more interested in now but that would have been tempting if finances were better.

Handguns are just toys. Which I suspect, you, like me, really enjoy.

There is nothing wrong with that!

My main obsession and focus is my company, it bothers my better-half, but at the same time she recognises the importance of maintaining a successful business, and deep down she knows she really comes first. It's really about accountability... She realises I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing if it weren't for her, Hell, I'd have nothing to live for, other than God's good grace of course.

But if I'm going to live, I choose to be happy doing it! :-D

Enjoying firearms and supporting the second amendment are two things that make me happy. AND, it just so happens that business is good and I choose to support the 2nd Amendment with that "vast wealth" (sarcasm) but hey, "As long as moma's happy, everyone is happy."

Back to guns now.

Some people enjoy cars, some enjoy boats, some enjoy aircraft, I never finished my pilots license, but I may...

But guns really make me happy!
Experience what makes you happy my friend!

Mike J

Hunter
I don't have my own company. I work in the building trades. My main focus is actually keeping the wife & kids taken care of. She stays home & homes schools them (ages 2-will be 3 in November, 8, & 10). I bust my butt & try to keep the wolf from the door. I don't have the nicest, fanciest stuff but everything I have works & I actually had a guy in line behind me compliment me on the SR 1911 recently ( I open carry when I go hunting). I actually have all the guns I "need" but there are a couple of things I'd like to pick up. I think my next few purchases will be aimed at acquiring training firearms to teach the kids with. Unless I run across deals I can't pass up on a couple of things I'd like to have. Then there is the old Spanish Mauser I still haven't gotten around to sporterizing.........

Spanish mousers are COOL! I started on old mil-surp weapons. As I grew up, I sporterized them to make them "better" (more functional) better stocks, sights, scopes, magazines, etc.

It seems you have found, like me, what is making you happy in life. I find that awesome!

Some have asked me to define success. Being thankful for the things we have and enjoy in life could definitely pass as one of my top definitions for the term...

Mike J

Hunter
DA I'm probably not going to get too carried away with this one. A guy gave it to me 30 years ago. I refinished the stock & cold blued it. It had been spray painted & wrapped in duct tape before I got it. I fooled with it enough to figure out the irons were zeroed for 300 meters & stopped there. One of these days I need to put a scout scope setup on it. It is just one of those things I never quite seem to get around to.

Mike J said:
DA I'm probably not going to get too carried away with this one. A guy gave it to me 30 years ago. I refinished the stock & cold blued it. It had been spray painted & wrapped in duct tape before I got it. I fooled with it enough to figure out the irons were zeroed for 300 meters & stopped there. One of these days I need to put a scout scope setup on it. It is just one of those things I never quite seem to get around to.

Hindsight is 20/20... Before and after pics would have been awesome! :-D