SR9c magazines

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
Anyone find a source for the 10 round mags yet? Ruger wants $42 and $8 more for the pinky extension.

ruger_fan

Bearcat
Long time lurker. Just got a SR9c last week. Loving it so far.

Anyways....doesn't the standard SR9 10 round mag fit, it just doesn't have the pinky extension? I think that's what I'm understanding from reading here...

I sure hope so. cabelas.com has the standard SR9 10-round mag at $29.99 right now. Since I have a store about 30 minutes away, I ordered one for in-store pick up and don't have any shipping :), just tax. Still $15 less than ordering from shopruger.com (with added shipping).

Although I'll probably go ahead and order the pinky extension and something else inexpensive to get the order above the minimum and still come out $15 better for more ammo!

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
ruger_fan":l8didggb said:

Anyways....doesn't the standard SR9 10 round mag fit, it just doesn't have the pinky extension? I think that's what I'm understanding from reading here...

I sure hope so. cabelas.com has the standard SR9 10-round mag at $29.99 right now. Since I have a store about 30 minutes away, I ordered one for in-store pick up and don't have any shipping :), just tax. Still $15 less than ordering from shopruger.com (with added shipping).

Although I'll probably go ahead and order the pinky extension and something else inexpensive to get the order above the minimum and still come out $15 better for more ammo!

I think the one's Cabela's have are for the SR9. They are meant for Commifornia residents. So, it will be long like the 17 round mag, but only hold 10.

pb

ruger_fan

Bearcat
buckshotshorty":2fgr8szo said:
I think the one's Cabela's have are for the SR9. They are meant for Commifornia residents. So, it will be long like the 17 round mag, but only hold 10.

pb

Uh oh. Will see what arrives in '5-8 business days'. I see a possible return in my future, or maybe I'll be ordering the SR9c 17 mag adapter from Ruger.....

kscott

Single-Sixer
ruger_fan":3gsp5pxt said:
buckshotshorty":3gsp5pxt said:

pb

Uh oh. Will see what arrives in '5-8 business days'. I see a possible return in my future, or maybe I'll be ordering the SR9c 17 mag adapter from Ruger.....

I'd be willing to bet though that the metal part of the ten rounder is the same size as the 10 rounder of the compact. Remember this is all just me speculating, but I bet the extra baseplate of your SR9c would slide right on the mag you bought in place of the tall "take-up 7 rounds" mag base they have on the "California" ones. I reckon Ruger used the same mag body for both the reduced SR9 mags and the 10round SR9c mags. This will be a good way to find out for sure thoug. I'm excited for you to try it.

aquitana

Bearcat
kscott":1ri1822x said:
ruger_fan":1ri1822x said:
buckshotshorty":1ri1822x said:

pb

I'd be willing to bet though that the metal part of the ten rounder is the same size as the 10 rounder of the compact. Remember this is all just me speculating, but I bet the extra baseplate of your SR9c would slide right on the mag you bought in place of the tall "take-up 7 rounds" mag base they have on the "California" ones. I reckon Ruger used the same mag body for both the reduced SR9 mags and the 10round SR9c mags. This will be a good way to find out for sure thoug. I'm excited for you to try it.

You are correct.......take the base plate from the "california" 10 rounder off and use the base plate from the SR9c. I found a 10 rnd mad in the bargin bin at Cabelas for like $12 and it worked like a charm.....

ruger_fan

Bearcat
I will definitely let everyone know as soon as I get the email to go and get it in my hands!

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd rather have the two 10s with the pinky extension, as it fits my hand so well, the best of ANY auto loader pistol I've held. The SR9c for me is for SD in home and vehicle, and eventually for CCW. The 17 will only see a workout at the range.

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
buckshotshorty":31fy39o3 said:
ruger_fan":31fy39o3 said:

pb

Correct- I almost jumped on that myself :oops:

Latest posts