SR9c inoperable thumb safety

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
I mentioned that I had a thumb-safety on the left side that wouldn't work unless I lifted it up with my thumbnail. The right side safety always worked fine. The funny thing was that both safeties work fine if I take off the slide. Noticed a tab sticking up, just behind, and part of, the right safety lever that was getting worn away by the slide movement.
Took the gun down as per Josh Hearne's instructions, did nothing, reassembled and now the safety works fine on both sides. It was misaligned, I guess, but works fine now. The two lines of wear marks are obvious. The one at the 45-deg angle may be the problem area. It looks as though it was eating the corner right off of the tab. Here is pic:
safetySR9c.jpg

Here is the link for tear-down. Excellent info; quite necessary, I think, if you wish to tear down your gun for any reason. Lots of tricky stuff to know.
RugerForum.com :: View topic - SR9 How-To (Multiple Inside) Updated 4/5/09 W/ Video!
Sonnytoo

CBennett

Single-Sixer
send it back...what else can you say..never seen that mine works 100%.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
CBennett":350i7pz5 said:
send it back...what else can you say..never seen that mine works 100%.

I sent it out yesterday...with Ruger-provided UPS labels. I will let you know what happens.
Sonnytoo