SR9c... GOT IT!!!!! **PIC UPDATE**

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Gunner70

Bearcat
In that case I suppose I would be a in tragic situation. However, what is the distinction between carrying around the house or outside? Threats come at anytime - at any place. I mean if it's a lemon- it'a a lemon indoors or out, and if it fails it's not the only gun at my- or my wifes disposal. BTW most of the carrying I did in that whole 24 hours was around the house.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Gunner70":3u239ehk said:
If I don't like it for carry there is no point in shooting it, because I will probably get rid of it.

Good point Gunner, and it's sure easier to get rid of a NIB UNFIRED gun than one that's had even ONE round through it. It's probably a very miniscule chance you're taking anyway.

REV

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Gunner, I meant no disrespect in asking the question. I carried an unloaded 1911 MilSpec around the house and neighborhood for a couple of days getting the feel of a gun on the belt.

The idea of carrying a new CCW gun before you shoot it to see if you like it is excellent.

Gunner70

Bearcat
ArmedinAZ":7ju0dzm4 said:
Gunner, I meant no disrespect in asking the question. I carried an unloaded 1911 MilSpec around the house and neighborhood for a couple of days getting the feel of a gun on the belt.

The idea of carrying a new CCW gun before you shoot it to see if you like it is excellent.

No worries, when I first started carrying I would not carry or nightstand it until I had shot it. I suppose, like was mentioned before I just get it in my head that the odds are in my favor that it will go bang weather untested or not. It do not disagree that it is a good idea to put it thru the paces before resting your life on it, but I don't worry to much about rushing to the range before I carry. I do see both sides of the coin on this subject, my wife will not carry or keep one in her drawer unless she has fired it and is comfy with it. I however just get it out do visual, safety, and function check on it and start carrying. I'm glad this subject came up, perhaps I have become too complacent in assuming that any new gun will work.

So now for a brief Range Reort- No pics sorry--

Fired 350 rounds:

Had 3 FTF/ Light Primer Strikes, 1 FTE/Jam.

Was more accurate with the 17 round mag, guess my hands are to big for the 10 rounder.

Shots were at ~25 feet 2-3" groups with the small mag- 1-2" with the 17 round extended mag.

Trigger reset is awesome, very crisp and noticeable. follow-up shot aquisition was quick and natural. Sights are dead on out of the box. In a nutshell I love this gun and am now considering getting the full size SR9.

ConradM

Blackhawk
Gunner70":s7c0mo4s said:
In that case I suppose I would be a in tragic situation. However, what is the distinction between carrying around the house or outside? Threats come at anytime - at any place. I mean if it's a lemon- it'a a lemon indoors or out, and if it fails it's not the only gun at my- or my wifes disposal. BTW most of the carrying I did in that whole 24 hours was around the house.

Well, in my case, If I was test carrying a gun I would have another gun at the ready in my house. Not so much outside. But I suppose it's moot if you mostly carried around the house.

kscott

Single-Sixer
So today is the first day I've strapped my SR9c on for an extended period of time around the house just to see how it was gonna ride. It was in my crossbreed I originally bought for my SR9. I'm not sure the SR9 will touch that holster again. 8) It was such a difference. I mean I thought id be different, but it conceals better than I thought it would. The thin grip combined with it being short really makes it disappear. The pinkie extension makes a little difference, but not too bad. I'll probably carry without it. Now I just need to make it to the range, so it can venture out with me.

Grendel

Single-Sixer
Any chance of getting a look under the redesigned takedown pin? Any reason it's been extended?

-JT

RBorgers

Bearcat
Shoot, shoot, and shoot some more then carry. I would never carry a gun untill I have put over 200 rounds through it. When something goes wrong it will go wrong fast. You need to know that the gun will function 100% and not have to think about how to operate it. Nothing like facing a armed bad guy with a gun that won't fire. Did it once, and I hope to god it will never happen again.

recoilguy

Bearcat
My wife wants to take her CCW class now. I showed her a few guns and she has handled a few. The Kahr CW9 the Glock 26 the CZ Rami the Taurus PT 709 slim and the little XD 9mm. All pretty good 9mm easier to carry weapons.

She said isn't there a little version of this one, pointing to my SR9. She likes the SR9. I told her they just came out with one and I don't know where to go to let her hold one. She said keep looking I like that gun. I will continue to look, no point in her having the CCW and then not carrying a gun because she doesn't like how it feels. Wish me luck.

RCG

G XXII

Bearcat
Just came back from the LGS where they had two SR9c's. I was able to compare the SR9c with a Glock 27 and found both to be about the same size if the Glock has the +1 extenion . The SR9c is a little slimmer and about 1/2 inch longer in the slide. Nice looking and nice feeling gun ,much like my full size SR9 but I think i will wait until they come out with a SR40c.... Did you hear that RUGER!!!. Oh yeah, first post here, great forum

revhigh

Hawkeye
G XXII":2s8l2clc said:
Oh yeah, first post here, great forum

Welcome G XXII !! You'll find a lot of good information and friendship here !

REV

CDR-USN

Bearcat
Have my SR-9C in hand and what an awesome weapon. Great impovement in the coil spring, and with the trigger. Love my SR-9 but this is a great impovement. Federal FMJ ammo gave me a 3 1/2in grouping at 7 yards. :D

CBennett

Single-Sixer
I just got 1 today they had just gotten in 4 2 of the 2 tone black/stainless and 2 all black I grabbed a all black actually I traded a older 2nd Gen Glock 23 in on it.

1151758.jpg

michael hacker

Bearcat
Amen brother, just got mine a few days ago and could not beleive the difference in the trigger, and ease of slide racking. I don't think there will be a recall issue with this gun. It's a winner, and it appears to me that it's more accurate than the full size SR9. (I have both) I know it's not a pocket gun the PF-9, but hey, it's still easy to carry and it truly is a compact, and PF-9 is a sub-compact, so comparing the two is apples and oranges. I have put a thousand rounds through it by now, and it has NEVER jammed. Until I broke in the full size SR, it stove piped and failed to feed etc. This gun is definatley a more refined gun than the first gen SR9's.

-Michael
www.michaelhacker.com

CBennett

Single-Sixer
michael hacker":1f9glq9w said:
Amen brother, just got mine a few days ago and could not beleive the difference in the trigger, and ease of slide racking. I don't think there will be a recall issue with this gun. It's a winner, and it appears to me that it's more accurate than the full size SR9. (I have both) I know it's not a pocket gun the PF-9, but hey, it's still easy to carry and it truly is a compact, and PF-9 is a sub-compact, so comparing the two is apples and oranges. I have put a thousand rounds through it by now, and it has NEVER jammed. Until I broke in the full size SR, it stove piped and failed to feed etc. This gun is definatley a more refined gun than the first gen SR9's.

-Michael
www.michaelhacker.com

nearing 700 rounds no jams, nice trigger only thing ive found it does not like is WWB ammo so as long as I avoid that it works GREAT 100% with ANY other ammo other than WWB its a 100% reliable gun

Latest posts