SR9c & Ghost Tactical Installed - Nice!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SR9c-Fan

Bearcat
Ghost is shipping their 'tactical' model now for the SR9/SR9c. I put mine in yesterday and I was VERY impressed with the trigger. It has MUCH less take-up now, breaks cleaner, and, of course, now stops dead right after it breaks because of the over-travel stop.

I also chopped a few coils from the spring of the striker blocker... and that seemed to help out the the little bump I was having during take-up. I also smoothed out and polished the top of the striker blocker too. I has already polished up the the rest of the internals and now I have a VERY nice trigger... far better than what's on my Glock or S&W M&P...both of which have also had trigger work.

elkhunter62

Bearcat
hey sr9c-fan how do you get the spring out for the striker block would like to do that with my sr9 full size i put in the ultimate its awesome also stops right after it breaks it did that with the stock reset also. but now its so much lighter and real smooth but i have that bump also.
Thanks Lee

SR9c-Fan

Bearcat
elkhunter62":bcvoof3v said:
hey sr9c-fan how do you get the spring out for the striker block would like to do that with my sr9 full size i put in the ultimate its awesome also stops right after it breaks it did that with the stock reset also. but now its so much lighter and real smooth but i have that bump also.
Thanks Lee

Easy to do Lee... Strip the slide according to the directions here:
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=52057
Then, use a punch to take out the pin holding in the ejector. (The pin is right near the striker block.) NOTE: hold the ejector when you punch out the pin to keep it from flying away. That's all...now you can put a radius on the blocker and cut the spring. Have fun, Mark

elkhunter62

Bearcat
SR9c-Fan":fldyjv8i said:
elkhunter62":fldyjv8i said:
Thanks Lee

Easy to do Lee... Strip the slide according to the directions here:
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=52057
Then, use a punch to take out the pin holding in the ejector. (The pin is right near the striker block.) NOTE: hold the ejector when you punch out the pin to keep it from flying away. That's all...now you can put a radius on the blocker and cut the spring. Have fun, Mark

thanks mark i will do that seems pretty easy!!

elkhunter62

Bearcat
Hey mark i did cut the spring on the striker block and put a radius on it it helped so much with the bump i had and way smoother.
again Thanks so much for your help. !! Lee

Latest posts