SR9c & Blackhawke SERPA Holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SavageDetroit

Bearcat
So I picked up my first handgun this week from a member here on the forum, a new SR9c Stainless.
I have not shot it, maybe tomorrow, but I have shot the full size before.
I've taken it apart, removed the mag disconnect, cleaned it, etc.
p1010118qi.jpg

I was over at Impact Action today and I overheard one of the employees talking up the Blackhawk SERPA Holster.
It is the one that has the lock that you release with your trigger finger as you withdraw.
bh_serpa_blackpebble.jpg

So I bought it, well actually the one for the full size SR9, and I was pretty happy with it until I turned the pistol over and notice wear on the trigger guard. The trigger guard area is dulled compare to the rest of the grip frame. I only pulled the pistol in and out a few times. I tend to be anal about things like this. Should this be expected and I making too big of an issue of this? If I am not, is there any way to restore the affect area?
p1010120u.jpg

KenW.

Bearcat
I use Serpas for all my pistols. 1911s and XDs alike. Will when I get a SR9c too!

The first decision you should come to is this; "Am I putting this handgun into a museum, re-selling it, or am I using it?" I can't see any wear on that pistol in the photo. Just wait until you set it down on a cement shooting bench...

All holsters, even leather ones will cause a certain amount of wear. Its not a bad thing. It is character.

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
Mine is exactly like that as well. I think the gun is made like that. Be happy, don't worry!!!

pb

novaDAK

Bearcat
I don't see how the SERPA holster would wear the bottom of the trigger guard. If it wears anything, it should be the sides of the front end of the guard, and only if you have the holster tension screw tightened to retain the pistol better.

Gregg1LE

Single-Sixer
My full size SR9 lloks just like that. Don't be concerned,just carry it,shoot it and enjoy.