SR9 Weaponlight questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ltbarber

Bearcat
Does anyone have a weaponlight on their SR9? What brand,and how do you like it? Any additional info. you can provide. Thanks in advance for the guidance. :D

wildturk

Single-Sixer
I have an Insight Technology M6, I haven't tried it on my SR yet but it is always on my 95PR. It is easy to use, has three light / laser options. Light only, Laser only or both on. The switch is placed so it's comfortable to reach and use. The light and Laser are very bright. I also have their X2 Light /Laser combo on my home defense shotgun, they make a very reliable product and also build many other's lights and lasers who simply add their name to the Tac lights. Great Customer Service, excellent products.
Bill

Shotguns015.jpg

HomeDefenseGuns072.jpg

HomeDefenseGuns071.jpg

Vecco

Single-Sixer
Yours look nice but i dont use them. I have CT Lazer on my SPS101 and really never use them.. But thats just me. PS like the one of the Shootgun..

Al James

Hunter
Wild turk is that X2 the one they introduced for the sub compact XD? Out of curiosity is it as bright as your M6? I like the Mossie/Ruger home defense package BTW! All American Dont F@#K with my house style. Both affordable and reliable pieces.

wildturk

Single-Sixer
Al James":3l8ytvay said:
Wild turk is that X2 the one they introduced for the sub compact XD? Out of curiosity is it as bright as your M6? I like the Mossie/Ruger home defense package BTW! All American Dont F@#K with my house style. Both affordable and reliable pieces.

Yes, it's the X2. It runs on 1 battery the M6 on 2 but it's still very bright, blinding to be honest. I bought it for another gun but decided to mount it on the 12 ga instead, with an 18" barrel and 8 rounds and the pistol grip it makes a great house gun. Paired up with the KP95PR15 of course!! These two never make it to the gun safe, they sleep near by every night. 20 years ago I didn't have to lock up, but now things have turned dark and troublesome around here.

Bill

ar15bassplayer

Bearcat
sorry for the thread resurrection, but...

my friend brought me a gift yesterday - something he found in the garbage can a while back: a Surefire X300 Weapon Light, complete with a Grip Switch Assembly.

Here it is, mounted on my SR9:

SR9_with_surefire_x300.jpg

If I were to buy this from Surefire, it would have cost over $400 + some change. It has a little wear on it, but the light is still bright enough to blind you for a few minutes. Needless to say, this made my day! :D