SR9 trigger pull

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sec6

Bearcat
I haven SR9 It shoots a decent group off sandbag rest but trigger pull is terrible THere is creep then grit then creep then creep again and finally bang. Has anyone done some gunsmithing on the sr9 to improve trigger pull? With a half decent trigger, I believe this would be a good accurate pistol.
Any gunsmithing tips to help this trigger would be appreciated.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum.
I don't have as rough a trigger as you describe,,,, unless I compare it to my custom worked 1911A1. The trigger design is totally different in those 2 guns. My SR9 is a lot like other striker fired guns,,, just different.
I haven't seen any aftermarket internals for them yet.

sec6

Bearcat
contender":37b5tae6 said:
Welcome to the Forum.
I don't have as rough a trigger as you describe,,,, unless I compare it to my custom worked 1911A1. The trigger design is totally different in those 2 guns. My SR9 is a lot like other striker fired guns,,, just different.
I haven't seen any aftermarket internals for them yet.
Thanks for your reply. This is my first post here on Ruger forum.
I have a couple security sixes , a newmodel super blackhawk, a mark II target 22, and the sr9. I really like the security six (2 3/4 inch barrel) It shoots great groups out to 20yards.
I found a lengthy article here on your forum about the sr 9 It has some info on improving trigger. I'll have to search some before I post looks like there is alot of good info. here. Thanks for the welcome.