SR9/SR9c Trigger Comparison

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Grendel

Single-Sixer
Has anyone with both guns and comfortable with the SR9 detail strip taken out the fire control systems and compared them to see what differences there are that may attribute to the reported improvement of the SR9c trigger?

Photos would be cool, too. :D

-JT

CBennett

Single-Sixer
Ive not shot a SR9 but I just bought a SR9c and put 100 rounds through it. The trigger was about the same as my Glock 23's was if that tells you anything.

Grendel

Single-Sixer
CBennett":143xwddz said:
Ive not shot a SR9 but I just bought a SR9c and put 100 rounds through it. The trigger was about the same as my Glock 23's was if that tells you anything.

Not really, since my post indicated I'm curious about the specific differences between the SR9 and SR9c trigger systems, but thanks anyway.

-JT

Guppy

Bearcat
I did a trigger smooth on both an SR9 and SR9C side by side. I took the trigger bars and disconnect and compared them side by side. I could not determine a difference. Same for the fire control group in the back. The trigger looked the same as did the striker. The only difference I could see is the locking block is shorter in the 9C........ Even the position of the trigger and pin looked the same.

However there is less take up on the 9C and the trigger release is a bit more forward of where my SR9's release.

Turbobuddha

Single-Sixer
On mine, the SR9c striker spring feels a lot lighter as well. That's just from taking both slides and trying to move the striker back by hand. Big diff.

kscott

Single-Sixer
Turbobuddha":3nm0vbyf said:
On mine, the SR9c striker spring feels a lot lighter as well. That's just from taking both slides and trying to move the striker back by hand. Big diff.

I think this is right, I don't have it with me right now, but now that I think about it, it seems like when I was taking my mag DC out and I was playing with the striker (moving it back and forth) it did seem a lot lighter. I'll check tonight.

Grendel

Single-Sixer
Could anyone compare the size and angles on the connector/trigger reset bar and see if there any differences?

-JT

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
I'd save this link, this may be just what we all need. My sr9 has been setting cocked for the last 3 months, the trigger pull[striker] has got way better now.I'll guest its down to a crisp 5lbs,after 800 rds....

SR9 Trigger- any way to make it lighter, smoother?

waynejitsu wrote:
Egalloway wrote:
We are working on getting a lighter full length striker spring. Keep in mind that the lighter spring will not hit as hard so it might not set off some of the harder primers on the market. So I wouldn't carry it as a self defense pistol with this modification. The springs we are testing drop the weight about 2 lbs and it is great. Should be a really cheap mod to. And shameless plug: will work great with our stainless indicator and coated striker.

Where is this going to come from?

From us here a Galloway Precision LLC. We should be open soon. Website will be up shortly as soon as our site provider and builder get up again now that the snow storms are slacking off. The springs are more than likely going to be provided by a manufacture in MI to our specs. The stainless steel parts will be made in house.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
pvoltmer":346kwxzx said:
Anyone who is wondering, I just got an e-mail from Ghost Inc and they said the trigger kit for the SR9 should be out first week of march.

No-Joke ?? I sure hope so, this other company is coming out with a striker with a improved spring + body. things are looking up !!!

Grendel

Single-Sixer
I hope Ghost, Inc. is more certain about that release date.

I recently purchased an SR9 striker from someone on another board who no longer had their SR9. So far, I haven't noticed much difference in dryfire, at least nothing dramatic. It needs some polishing like I did to my existing striker. If it ends up firing rounds reliably, it may end up in the gun for IDPA, but again, I really don't feel a dramatic decrease in the pull weight. The previous owner said he snipped 1.5 coils.

-JT