SR9 "safe date"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

waldo1324

Bearcat
Id like to know what dates of manufacture for SR9's that you guys have had problems with. What im looking for is a 'safe date' that these problems seem to have occured less. Post recall of course.
My born on date is Dec 1 '09.
no problems, but no rounds but the factory test.

note- and thanks guys, i've learned more on this forum than anywhere else.

flgolfer29

Bearcat
Manufacture date July 2009. 700 rounds to date with no problems.

The top of barrel that some others were showing peening issues, I notice very slight wear in the same location that does not seem to be getting any worse. I am not worried about it at all and intend on putting two or three hundred rounds through her this weekend.

waldo1324

Bearcat
thanks-- i can only hope to be let out of the house long enough to 'peel caps' in that number.
it may be info overkill, in reality i think that any post reacall gun is going to be ok considering Rugers rep is on the line..
.. what about this new trigger from Ruger?? do you think that they will replace it free of charge a la first recall?

And yes, the peening is giving me worries as well.....

flgolfer29

Bearcat
...I'm not up-to-date on the new trigger, interested tho.

Regarding the "peening", that is why I am putting so many rounds through her to ensure I don't have a problem gun.

In summary, I am satisfied with the gun.

waldo1324

Bearcat
im going to have to get in the 300 round range as well to pass judgement. to quote another poster..."im drinking the SR9 cool aid!!!"