SR9 Questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

graygun

Hunter
Anyone have the slide not lock open after the last fired round? I shot 100 rds...10 at a time...a few days ago. I think it was only twice that it locked open when empty. It used to do it only rarely. It has over 1,100 through it so far.

I cleaned it using BC syn-safe spray and noticed the linkage for the slide release was fairly dirty. Maybe that was why.

It has no cycling problems and the brass does not dribble out.

jhearne

Buckeye
May have to send it in, there's a spring that pushes the lever down, but the followers inside the mags are supposed to push it up....

A few others have had this problem before and IIRC they had to send it in ultimately....but I think it was resolved.

Josh

graygun

Hunter
Thanks Josh...IDK about sending it in at this point.

You may be wondering why the thread title is plural. Well,I do have some minor evidences of peening but I was thinking of making a new topic if I could get some decent photos posted.

FWIW, one instance is directly across from the business-end of the extractor. There's a verticle casting with a small arc-shaped void. This is within the circular-imprinting caused by the base of the rounds that have been fired.

The other is on the barrell base/block. If you look just to the right of the "9mm x 19"...and at a right angle down to the base, there's a very shallow indentation (on the bottom edges) on either side.

jhearne

Buckeye
graygun":3nerxbck said:
Thanks Josh...IDK about sending it in at this point.

You may be wondering why the thread title is plural. Well,I do have some minor evidences of peening but I was thinking of making a new topic if I could get some decent photos posted.

FWIW, one instance is directly across from the business-end of the extractor. There's a verticle casting with a small arc-shaped void. This is within the circular-imprinting caused by the base of the rounds that have been fired.

The other is on the barrell base/block. If you look just to the right of the "9mm x 19"...and at a right angle down to the base, there's a very shallow indentation (on the bottom edges) on either side.

No problem, I'd make sure you figure out all the issues before calling Ruger, rather get a new barrel and release lever at the same time, not 2 trips back to back.

I can't picture the 'problems' in my head atm, would need pics for sure, just start up a Peening thread about it with pics in the first post.

Josh