SR9 questions.... with **picts**

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
so ive ran into a few things i have questions about.

first heres my barrel with 1200 rounds through it. ( dont mind the thread hanging in my barrel) just wanted to see if everything looks good so far.and im kinda worried
IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

now do your front sights have a white dots like the back sights? or are they like this? idk about yall but i have trouble seeing the front sight
IMG_1617.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

now the last thing is it normal for there to be this much play between the slide and the frame. first pict is not squeezing the second is of me squeezing a little bit.

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

coldarkstare

Bearcat
im starting to see some ware n tare (peening) on the same spot also( hoping to upload pics soon) and as for the sights i still have all 3. now for the play between the frame and slide ill have to get back with ya on that one.

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
damn i just went and looked and my barrel is starting to peen i cat believe i dident notice it before.... :(

revhigh

Hawkeye
That second pic looks terrible ... why is it all jagged like that ???

They ought to just scrap this design and move on ....

REV

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
a few more picts
IMG_1613.jpg

and i dont think this wear shoud be on the side right here either should it?
IMG_1622.jpg

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
2fast4u":1nxei4ar said:
damn i just went and looked and my barrel is starting to peen i cat believe i dident notice it before.... :(

My front sight the round dot is all white - I'd call Ruger and ask them to fix alll the problems you got with this gun! Talk nice + ask for a mailer!

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
im thinking about shooting the hell outta the gun before i send it back to see how bad the peening will get/ if it starts screwing up the function of it.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
2fast4u":4jqe3iy3 said:
im thinking about shooting the hell outta the gun before i send it back to see how bad the peening will get/ if it starts screwing up the function of it.

I really notice it after running 2 boxes of Speer Lawmen threw it .They seem to be a little hotter than stander rounds. After 450 rds total I had to send it in! The replacement barrel I got back was alot better fit. It wont hurt to run a few more boxes - my 2cents.....

coldarkstare

Bearcat
well it seems my camera will not focus in on the peening marks ive got , but they seem as all the rest so far, as for play at the nose of the slide and frame it would seem about the same as pictured above. and as a note i went to the range today and shot close to 100 rounds (give or take i was also shooting my xdm 9mm :) ) and had no problems what so ever and was very accurate. with the peening pics we see here in this thread and or others comparing to what i see here with my sr9 looks like ill be sending it in also :(

ggallin

Bearcat
ive got peening in almost the same spot and my slide seems to fit horribly to the guns frame with lots of play. does your gun rattle when you shake it? most gun guys ive shown it to say its normal after acouple thousand rounds for the slide to loosen up a bit but mine is the only sr9 ive held that ive seen do it so far. the peening is from poor alignment with the parts and could be why your slide moves so much...just my 2¢

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
2fast4u":90p1bl5f said:
yes my gun rattles when i shake it

i cant say it rattles...but it has a little clunk from the play between the slide and frame.

i shot about 300 more rounds through her tonight and there is a noticeable amount of more wear im going to try and put about 500 more through it tomorrow
ill keep everyone updated on how the peening effects the function of the gun cuz its still firing like a champ eating everything.

im still going to shoot it till it wont shoot, i don't think it will get that bad though. but we will find out :)