SR9 question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

onesureshot

Bearcat
So I was looking at the Ruger website and browsing the SR9s. I noticed they list each color combination with 10rd mags and 17rd mags, using different letter codes on the model number, some are just SR9, some are KSR9, some are KBSR9 and KODBSR9. I also noticed at the top of the listings there are models with a L at the end of the model number. I read the descriptions of the pistol and can't find anything that differentiates it from the others. The "L" variants all list as NEW in bold red letters, but I can't find anything to show that they are really new.

Anybody know what the differences are?

jhearne

Buckeye
The "standard" numbers are the 17 rounders, the -10s are the 10 rounders for needed states and such. The -L is pretty much the newer guns that have MA/CA green lit for sale status....In Utah, you just need to worry about the -10 at the most, I have a nice post about these designations somewhere, bookmarked at work, but I just got home from the hospital so it'll be a while before I can pull them up ;).

Technically they are all the same gun, same parts manuals and all, just a fancy -L for the CA/MA guns....no biggie really.

Josh

onesureshot

Bearcat
Thanks for the info. In Utah we can have the standard cap mags, so there would be no concern there. I was just curious what the L meant, as the descriptions of all of them are pretty much the same.

Hope you have a speedy recovery