SR9 MAGAZINE LATCH PIVOT PIN!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JAP78

Bearcat
So another 200 rds. post 2nd repair and the SR9 shot perfect.

Only issue was after 50 rds. or so, I noticed the magazine latch pivot pin (directly above mag. release button on exterior)sticking out the side of the gun!! It will not push back in, yet I don't see anything preventing it from sliding in????

Any thoughts on this odd occurrance?

Other than that, the gun keeps reminding me that when operating correctly, it's one of the best feeling guns in my hand.

Thanks,

Jeff

jhearne

Buckeye
I'm not sure if the Mag Latch Pin is side specific, meaning it may or may not have to be driven in/out from one specific side. The pins holding the other internals together are meant to be driven out Right to Left, and driven in Left to Right, looking at the gun as you'd point it at your target.

Just take a small dowel and attempt to drive it in, place the gun on a folded towel or two on top of a table and give it a few taps and see if it drives it back in. It's a roll pin I believe so it shouldn't simply push in, it'll take a couple easy taps (well, it should).

Let us know if this helps.

Josh

Turbobuddha

Single-Sixer
It's a snug fit plus the spring on the latch puts some additional pressure on it. If the pin is out far enough you may need tp put pressure on the spring to take tension off the pin so it'll line up right to slide on in. When I had mine out, it took some some wacks from a hammer to get it in. The pin can go in or out from either side.

JAP78

Bearcat
Thanks guys..........I'll be giving it a go later tonight.......I'll keep ya posted.

Jeff

JAP78

Bearcat
After some solid taps with a hammer it slid back in....Hopefully, not to come popping out every time I put ammo thru it at the range.

Thanks again for the reassurance of taking care of the issue. I didn't want to go wacking on it, without any little things I should know about it first. I will say that no pressure on the spring was necessary. Pretty easy fix.

Thanks for the replys........

Jeff