SR9 mag release button sticking

Help Support Ruger Forum:

fangus

Bearcat
anyone have problems with SR9 mag release button sticking, any ideas how to reslove problem, tried a little lube, didnt help

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
Mine is fine. Maybe a call to Ruger can answer your issue?? I don't recall anyone else having this problem.

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
Wasn't there a post about this several months or maybe a year ago (wow time flies) It was just about the time I bought my SR9 and somebody had talked to a Ruger Tech whose advice was to take it apart and steel wool some part of it. I've been tempted cause on my SR9 it gets hard tp push at times.

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
:D

AHA, Thought so, it took a bit of searching to find it, but here it is
Maybe make this a "sticky" ?:

Virginian
Bearcat

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:41 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I called Ruger today about the mag release and talked to a Ruger tech named Sam. He told me that they remove the release and scotchbrite it, then lube it with lithium grease and re-install. I tried it, only I had to use 0000 steel wool and Tetra Gun Grease. It worked fine. Still a little hard to use with a full mag but I'm confident that it will get better with use like stated here. It is much, much smoother now.

Now I'll go after the mag disconnect.

fangus

Bearcat
sent my SR9 in and got it back today mag release works great Im happy with the service dept. at ruger

Latest posts