SR9 lightstriking

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Emerson

Bearcat
My buddy just bought a new SR9 and is having lightstrikes with it while shooting Winchester whitebox.

Is this common?

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
That is not at all common, in fact that is the first I have ever heard of this. Is this a new pistol or a used one?

ConradM

Blackhawk
Cheesewhiz":15j3pu8n said:
That is not at all common, in fact that is the first I have ever heard of this. Is this a new pistol or a used one?

I agree, the SR9 has a heavy hammer of a striker. :lol:

Scott

Single-Sixer
If it's a new gun, have him check the striker - mine came FULL of thick, gritty grease; didn't cause any problems in mine, but may be worth a look - check the "sticky" on this forum under "semi-auto" section; good description of how to remove and clean the striker.

Emerson

Bearcat
The gun is new and he has already cleaned it. He said the firing pin channel had a little grease in it but not too much.

The ammunition fires everytime in my Hi-Power but his SR9 only fires about 90% of the time.

Scott

Single-Sixer
Well, I'm afraid this should be yet another SR9 that will take advantage of Ruger's great customer service; better give them a call - they probably will sed a free shipping label and reccomend sending it to them for repair/replacement. Might want to check with the store he bought it from also - maybe they can make it right.

Latest posts