SR9 heavy trigger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wired1979

Bearcat
Compatriots,

this has probably been asked a bunch of times, but;

My brother just purchased a new ruger sr9, looks great, but heaviest trigger pull I have ever measured from a stock handgun from ruger. over 14lbs!!! :(

Need some advice on how to correct this heavy trigger pull. do I need call ruger support? or look for a spring job? or pay a gunsmith to fix a new gun?

thanks

wired1979

DMZ

Bearcat
Try this.

Make sure the pistol is empty, as it the mag. Cock it. Put it on SAFE. Pull the trigger to the stop.

Repeat 2-3,000 times.

grapony

Bearcat
He could trade the pistol, But like I found out nobody will even offer a decent trade-in value. I managed to let mine go for 3 bills and bought G27.

jhearne

Buckeye
I'd advise against DMZ's advice. He could get the Ghost Trigger Bar and install it and it should reduce the pull weight. Advertised for 3.5 lbs of final pull, but with the variances in the SR9 trigger weights from gun to gun, I wouldn't hold that to truth.

The other option is to shoot the heck out of it in hopes the parts wear in and become more to his liking.

Only option other than selling or cutting springs (bad) that is.

Josh

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
Shoot the snot out of it 8)
Mine was heavier than i would have liked but it is improving because i shoot it I thought about the Ghost trigger but as i said its improving with use so i'll just keep shooting for now :lol:
I do wish it had as good a trigger as the SR9C i just bought!!!!
I like the gun too much to concentrate on its one little "flaw" :shock: