SR9 Grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DC13

Bearcat
Ok so my wife shot the gun today and after 20 rounds she had to quit and I shot the other 180. After we talked she said that her hands dont have enogh meat and that it started to hurt. So is there any grips other there for the SR9. I saw one on the .net site
rugerk.jpg

I know it will make the grip bigger but she liked the CZ feel or finger groves. Thanks
DC13

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
the only type of grip you are going to be able to get is one like the one pictured. The grips are part of the gun frame so unlike blackhawks 1911 etc. You can't pull the old grips off and put on new ones. Steve

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
There have been several different slip on grips made for Glock and other pistols . I susspect it is one of these that was slipped on over the frame. Steve

Burley

Bearcat
I'm flattered you used my pic DC. :) The one in the pic is a Hogue, forget which one. It's not cut, that's how that one came. Couple of thoughts on the over grip; it's just a little silly to have an over grip on a gun in a concealment holster don't you think? IF I were intersted in CC with this gun, I'd loose the overgrip. The finger grooves feel sweet on the range, though. Also I find the ambi palm swells a little annoying. I'm a righty and don't need a palm swell on the left. I would prefer no swell at all and just tape one under the overgrip to my own satisfaction. And, there's no real padding on the back of this grip so it not like it's a recoil pad or anything. Guess it could be taped under the grip too. Bicycle inner tubes will work if you want to customise a little something.

I have heard good things about these Limbsaver products;

http://www.limbsaver.com/2009/products/ ... .php#three

Have fun, be safe and let us know what you end up doing

DC13

Bearcat
I found the grip they only had a green one but I got it.
But here it is finally home. I might be sending it to Ruger cause the mag release does nothing I tried the scotchbright and that wont do anything. :(
But I feel safe for once its wierd. But nice.
17844_210915362013_534562013_3077601_3716781_n.jpg

Burley

Bearcat
How's the wife like the grip? It's a Hogue like mine, right? And what's up with the mag release?

DC13

Bearcat
Ya its a Hogue. she thinks it will feel better. My mag release stickes bad. My friend and I spent 3hours working on it. and it still takes 2 thumbs to release the mag. And i have a strong hand ;) haha its from mountain biking.