SR9 Extractor Pivot Pin

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

Anyone else having a problem with the Extractor Pivot Pin (Part 6 on the exploded diagram), not staying in? With a low 3000 serial number I field stripped the SR9 after its first 200 rounds and the pin simply fell to the ground with the extractor popping out. Drove the pin back in and 95 rounds later it fell out again, ONCE the slide was removed. ....Called Ruger, eventually got a replacement pin and 100 rounds later it again is protruding from the recess in the bottom of the slide. Just wondering if this is only me?

jhearne

Buckeye
Its a roll pin, correct?? If so, that should be a fairly tight fit, I am at work and just looked at the exploded view on Ruger's website but can't find the angle I need to see it. Maybe someone who is at home can help out a bit more. But I do think its a roll pin that shouldn't just fall out, maybe someone put the wrong pin in there??

Josh

Ski

Bearcat
Yup it's a roll pin and no I haven't had any problem with mine and I haven't seen any other complaints about this. Since the new one is also doing the same thing, it would seem that the "hole" might be too large??..

Proud Infidel

Bearcat
I had the same problem, I was at a class and first it wouldn't go into battery. Then when taking the slide off to clean the pin fell out, puy pin back in. Then put dummy rounds in mag. cycled the slide to eject dummys and check function and pin fell out agian!. Went to hardware store and bought 1/2" long by 1/8" roll pin which is slightly longer than pin Ruger puts in but it has a better purchase. My extractor groove was full of fouling will have to clean it better, might lead to failures to extact.