SR9 Compact

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Turbobuddha

Single-Sixer
Striker fired. They're not really any of those. Of your choices, DOA. The sriker is always mostly cocked (90% or so). When you pul lthe trigger, you finish cocking and releasing the striker. It's DOA but the trigger pull isn't full cocking like on a revolver. Make sense?

revhigh

Hawkeye
Just for reference ... it's DAO (Double Action Only), not DOA (Dead On Arrival) :D.

REV

Turbobuddha

Single-Sixer
Rev, are you sure about that? :)

I didn't even notice I typed it that way. Must have been a subliminal transfer from the original. Maybe it's Double Only Action?

ConradM

Blackhawk
Do most striker fire pistols work that way? Is the XD different? Sorry, still stuck on people saying the XD is more an SA.

Mike J

Hunter
Glock, the SR9 & most striker guns are DAO. This refers to the fact that the trigger does 2 things (finishing cocking the striker & releasing it) much like a double action revolver both cocks the hammer & releases it.
The XD is SA. The trigger on it only releases the striker. It does not cock it at all.
There is little difference to me as far as the feel of the trigger on these weapons but that is the difference.

ConradM

Blackhawk
Mike J":2nucpkh8 said:
Glock, the SR9 & most striker guns are DAO. This refers to the fact that the trigger does 2 things (finishing cocking the striker & releasing it) much like a double action revolver both cocks the hammer & releases it.
The XD is SA. The trigger on it only releases the striker. It does not cock it at all.
There is little difference to me as far as the feel of the trigger on these weapons but that is the difference.

I thought so! Thx. Explains why the XD trigger doesn't feel like a normal striker fired pistol.

KenW.

Bearcat
BE ADVISED; I don't shoot my XD45 nearly as well as my Kimber 1911.

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
Mike J":307tikim said:
Glock, the SR9 & most striker guns are DAO.

I don't think you can really say that a striker is DAO. It might have a trigger pull Similar to a DAO or SA, but they are two different things.

Also, I understand that one of the Walther strikers has a trigger that it similar to a DA/SA handgun.

All my Bolt Actions have strikers that are similar to SA. My Luger also has a trigger that is very similar to a SA.

Charlie