SR9-22 Pistol

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mag318

Bearcat
I saw a photo of the new SR9-22 pistol and does anybody here know when it will be out? Perhaps they're waithing to unveil it at the 2010 Shotshow.

jhearne

Buckeye
The SR-22, basically a 10/22 with an AR-15 dress kit....from Ruger. Nothing really AR-15 about it. 10 round mags, 10/22 functionality, only a collapsible stock and tube forearm for about $500ish in stores....don't remember when it's coming out, but for those who REALLY REALLY want a dressed up 10/22 then this is for you....if your looking for a .22LR AR option then check out the S&W M&P15-22, full AR controls, sights, rails, 25 capacity mag(s). For about the same price. Colt makes one too for about $100 more than the S&W option.

Link to the Ruger SR-22
Link to the S&W M&P15-22

I personally like the S&W option better, have fondled it, I liked it more than the Colt option. Both had plastic bits on the receivers, but honestly for a .22, an all metal design isn't needed, it does have steel inside the plastic for support/frame work but not the shell. A coworker has the S&W on layaway at the LGS, will know how it shoots after I recover first hand :).

And I don't know a darn thing about a potential SR9-22 PISTOL, only the SR-22 RIFLE. AFAIK, nothing to support this first rumor.

Josh

mag318

Bearcat
I'm talking about a pistol not the SR22 rifle. It looks like a cross between the SR9 and a Mark I. I can't post the photo here, some sites are easy this one isn't, but if someone would send me their email address in a PM, I'll email you the photo and perhaps you could post it for me. It's a very cool looking pistol.

jhearne

Buckeye
The only thing I can think of since you say a cross of the SR9 and MKI pistols is the MKIII 22/45. Anything Googled about Ruger SR9-22 is just that the SR9 has 22 lpi (lines per inch) checkering on it's grip.

LINK!!

284.jpg

Josh

Snake45

Hawkeye
Yeah, you can see the line on the front of the frame where it was PShopped. Kinda cool looking, though.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Why retain the MK series bolt? Doing so would basically be nothing more than a MKII in different clothes. Yahoo...:roll:

onesureshot

Bearcat
Lots of new Rugers for next year :wink:

The "large" frame .380
lcp.jpg

The "compact" P345
p345.jpg

The "compact" P90
p90.jpg

The "compact" P94
p94.jpg

The "compact" P95
p95.jpg

The "compact" SR9
sr9.jpg

The "short barrel" SBH Hunter
sbhh.jpg

The "short barrel" SBH Bisley Hunter
sbhb.jpg

I know other guys have done a bunch of these over the years too, lets see what you came up with...

Latest posts