SR556 ~ What's the going rate in your area?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Coogs

Maximum
Only one store in 6 within 20 miles has two in stock, $1699.00 if I remember right, rather large, 2000 gun stock, locally owned store. Coogs.

boaman88

Bearcat
Not low enough to get me to buy one. Seems every AR maker is jumping on the piston system bandwagon. Ruger needs to get busy releasing one without all the overpriced Troy add-ons. I like the idea of the piston system but right now every manufacturer seems to be content with making the cost of admission extremely overpriced.

No.1Nick

Single-Sixer
Thats funny because it is because of those "overpriced" Troy add-ons that I chose the Ruger over all the others out there. By the time you add everything on a lesser gun you have the same amount in it (or more)and you still don't have the Ruger . That is if you are going to add anything. If you are content to just have one for the sake of having one, then there are less expensive models out there. Personally, I am very happy with what I paid and what I got for the money. Just my 2cents worth.
:D

boaman88

Bearcat
Thats my point. I have no use for the railed handguard. There are also more affordable options for sights. A simple free float tube would be fine with me. They could make one closer to Stags new piston AR by dropping the Troy accessories alone. Would also like to see one in 6.8.

coldarkstare

Bearcat
$1549 central indy and saven up for an Eotech xps2 next :) im very happy with my purchase.would love to buy another ! but im inclined to get a new shotgun next. for those that own a ruger sr556 gratz and enjoy !

clayflingythingy

Single-Sixer
$1459.95 at the small LGS here. The gun has been sitting on the shelf for several weeks now. (The tag is torn. That's how I know it's the same gun.)

deadduck357

Single-Sixer
No.1Nick":5qbjqwg0 said:
Thats funny because it is because of those "overpriced" Troy add-ons that I chose the Ruger over all the others out there. By the time you add everything on a lesser gun you have the same amount in it (or more)and you still don't have the Ruger . That is if you are going to add anything. If you are content to just have one for the sake of having one, then there are less expensive models out there. Personally, I am very happy with what I paid and what I got for the money. Just my 2cents worth.
:D

+1 The SR-556 is a very good price for what your getting. It was going to cost me $500-$600 more than the SR-556 to piece together a piston AR with all the Rugers features, then the Ruger came out, Thanks Ruger.

mcknight77

Blackhawk
boaman88":1frt5gi7 said:
Thats my point. I have no use for the railed handguard. There are also more affordable options for sights. A simple free float tube would be fine with me. They could make one closer to Stags new piston AR by dropping the Troy accessories alone. Would also like to see one in 6.8.

This is also my desire. I want one with none of the add-ons.

If Ruger would produce one with 20" heavy barrel, flat-top, no muzzle brake, etc. I'd be buying one. Made in 6.8 would be a plus, also.

I'm sure Ruger could make a no-frills version that could sell below the $1k price break.

rbfrat

Bearcat
I can't wait to get my hands on one! Unfortunatly I am waiting for the MA compliant version to reach the wholesalers. I have an FFL in Maine that gave me a price of $1350 on the standard version so I am hoping the MA version will be even cheaper. Way to go Ruger!!! :D

Hoosier

Bearcat
I almost have enough money saved to get one. Actually, I haven't asked the dealer what his bottom dollar is so I might already be there. After the Holidays I will be heading there and hopefully walk out the store with one in hand.

When I checked back in Nov. he had them tagged at $1499.

coldarkstare

Bearcat
im lookn for a ruger stamped logo hogue pistol grip for a ruger sr 556 (the one that came with the rifle/original grip), if you got one or know someone that wants to get rid of it please let me know , thanks :)

mc73

Bearcat
1799,99 southeast tx. Saw shop . 1899,99 large retailer but. TX. Worth it! Gieselle trigger two stage perfect fit easy install