SR45 Trigger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dumbear

Bearcat
I have a SR45 coming and wondering about after market trigger parts. Has anyone installed any of these in a SR45 and did it reduce trigger pull.

vulcan73

Bearcat
I installed the Lionheart trigger in my SR45, see: https://gallowayprecision.com/ruger/sr45/lionheart-short-stroke-trigger-for-ruger-sr-pistols

It does shorten the pull with a slightly improved reset. I say "slightly" because the stock Ruger SR series of semi-autos are excellent so improving them is a challenge. I have the entire SR series, 9E, SR9C, SR40C, SR40 and SR45. Only the 45 has the Lionheart trigger as I saw no reason to change the triggers on the other SR's. I was at my range today testing loads for my Shield 9mm but also had some fun with the SR9C and SR40C. These SR guns are really terrific, soft shooting, accurate, crisp trigger break and reset, etc. I did, however, install Galloway's recoil spring, guide rod, striker spring and indicator rod in all my SR's. I also removed the magazine disconnect in all guns.

I measured the SR45 pull at 4.5 lbs. I did not have a trigger pull gauge when I installed the Lionheart trigger and the Galloway springs so I can't give a before vs. after measurement. Considering my other SR's are 4.5-5 lbs, I would assume the SR45 factory is 5 lbs.
SR40: 5
SR40C: 5
9E: 4.5
SR9C: 4.25

dbuffington1

Bearcat
Good info in the above post Galloway makes some great parts for your SR-series Rugers. I have them in all my new to me Ruger guns.

scubadad

Bearcat
My wife has a sr45 and the trigger is great out of the box. I did remove the mag safety and that helped. It is bone stock and will probably stay that way.