SR40c: reliable?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I was looking at an SR40c and liked the look and feel of this gun, although it is a caliber that I have not owned before. I like the fact that it is a larger round than my little LCP but not as large a gun as my P97 in 45acp. I wonder if this smaller gun has the same reliability that I have experienced with the P97, which has been flawless since I bought it 15 years or so ago. I guess the 40S&W caliber is reasonable for self defense since so many police departments use it, I'm just concerned with reliability. In similar size, I used to own a Kimber Ultra Carry but despite several trips back to Kimber, I never could get it to operate without almost constant FTE or FTF issues and I would expect better from a Ruger. Thoughts?

calee

Bearcat
In a word YES....I have 40c with 600+ trouble free rounds thru it and love it more each time I squeeze the trigger.

Nwmarc

Bearcat
I have the SR9C and it has never failed and have also bee thinking of picking up one in the 40C.

AZ40

Bearcat
My full size SR40 has had a few issues in feeding the first round but out of 3000 rounds never had one FTF or FTE. Looking into getting a SR40c now after test firing one this past weekend. It feels so comfortable in the hand.

t-reg

Single-Sixer
Had my SR40c for a few weeks now. 100% reliability with 500+ of my handloads, mostly hard cast LSWC. Eats 'em like candy.

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
The P series pistols are built like tanks and it is unlikely that anything could equal them for durability, but the new SR pistols are also great, they are accurate, reliable and easier to carry concealed. With over 3000 round threw my SR40 and 2200 rounds threw my SR40c, i have found them both to be completely reliable. Only time will tell if they are as dependable as the P series, but they are definitely high quality, dependable and easy to carry.

BrittB

Single-Sixer
I really liked my SR40, just decided to get something smaller for easier carry. LC9 hides pretty good! Would I get another SR40 or 40c? Maybe!