SR-556 Review

Help Support Ruger Forum:

deadduck357

Single-Sixer
A fine review on a very fine weapon.

Can you pick up that mag on news stands ? I can't ever remember seeing it.

Sig685

Single-Sixer
Excellent review; well done in a lucid and straightforward style.

I look forward to reading some more of your reviews.

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
Thank you for the kinds words!

Although pretty much every law enforcement agency, local, county, state, federal, and international subscribes to L&O, it is not available on the stands. It's a law enforcement magazine, along with Tactical Response, Police Fleet, and Information Technology for Police magazines.

www.hendonpub.com

I've been writing for Tactical Reponse for a few years now, but it is a very high honor to be published in the 54 year old Law & Order.

My reviews of the Ruger SR9 and LCP can be found here and my review of the LCR will be in the next issue of Tactical Response:

http://www.hendonpub.com/resources/arti ... &perpage=5

No.1Nick

Single-Sixer
Very nicely done Steve ! Your observations mirror those of the 2 or 3 other articles I have read reviewing the SR 556. Yours, however, are more in depth. I have yet to read anything negative about it and I am more pleased every day with purchasing mine!
:D
Nick

snakespit

Bearcat
Great review. I like the gun but still can't get past the price.
I paid 1200.00 for my RRA :oops: I bought when there was the panic. But I can shoot MOA groups. :)

Oh well.......

fossils and guns":3n253jii said:
I buy a gun each year, just by saving change and aluminum cans. I couldn't afford an SR556 on that, but it would sure help.

I guess you need to buy and drink more beer and save the empties. :)

I wish I could afford one too... then again the new Sig looks pretty good too. (sorry)

bones™

Bearcat
Keep schlepping around the gun shops. I just bought one for 1300 bucks, which was at or near the dealer's cost. :shock:

nmscuba

Bearcat
Great review!! I been wanting one for a bit now and finally got it this past Tue, 400 rounds down the pipe with half being wolf and no problems at all.

The only problem I had was putting on the last hand guard. I used a little to much muscle and cracked the tab that lifts up to slide over the quad rail. But not enough that it won't clip in place.

Its only temporary as I plan on putting on a vertical grip anyway

Again great review