SR-556 at Cabela's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

deadduck357

Single-Sixer
Just a heads up, Cabela's is now stocking the SR-556 for $1,599. Not the cheapest but its good to see they are being carried by large outfits.

firecaptain

Single-Sixer
The Rodgers Mn store is out of them, was there yesterday. Did find one at Gander Mtn, $1999. First time I handled one and I was impressed.

Ewalker

Bearcat
I don't understand Gander MT they are the highest priced place you can go. In Lubbock there is a Gander mt and about 3 or 4 miles away there is an Academy store , Gander will be as much as $19 higher per box on the same ammo! I don't understand how they stay in business.

WNY_Whitetailer

Bearcat
swampcrawler":1ynqcocn said:
I like mine better. 2 weeks ago--local gun show--"in the parking lot"--NIB--victim of hard times- $1000.00--I almost had an orgasm.
Right place, right time...Of course, it was probably HOT...LOL. Just kidding...Kudos on your find.

swampcrawler

Bearcat
Thought about it reeeal hard before I gave that man that much of mama's rent money. But in the end "greed" won out. A later check by local LEO confirmed no hit on NCIC. Would rather have ate the $1000, than have it show up "hot" later. This is my first "evil black rifle",(since Nam that is) so have a new curve to learn.

SR-FAN

Bearcat
I will give you $1100 for the gun. If you do the math, you've just beat the hell out of the stock market.

fossils and guns

Single-Sixer
$1600 at Cabela's? Why is it these big sporting goods companies can't be even competitive in price to the little gun shops? I thought the big companies were supposed to be able to crush the little guy though volume, etc. That's ridiculous; I'm not paying for the fancy stores with aquariums and mounted animals. I wish one of the big sporting goods companies would use the Wal-Mart business model (that doesn't mean they'd have to start selling sub-par merchandise).

c38956

Bearcat
Cabela's employee's work on commission, this is one reason they aren't competitive with their pricing in comparison with other small businesses. However, they do have Cabela's visa club that entitles you to discounts. Another draw back is they don't do price matching on sale items. Only on regular priced item in stock. I was going to purchase my SR-556 from them but they were $250 higher than my best price.

coldarkstare

Bearcat
im lookn for a ruger stamped logo hogue pistol grip for a ruger sr 556 (one that came with the rifle/original grip)if you got one or know someone that wants to get rid of it please let me know,thanks :)