SR 1911 9mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chowser51

Bearcat
Got a 10 round MecGar magazine in. I have not had time to go to the range but the mag must be forcefully seated if the slide is closed. It looks like the mag is a little taller. Functions fine with dummy rounds when cycling. It does have the same tendency for the next round to hang and will fall out if topping off the mag.

This isn't really an issue for me since this is not a carry gun and just a fun range gun. I really need to find time to hit the range. I need to run a box through this mag and sight in three rifles.

If looking for ten rounders, I suggest Wilsons over everyone else.

federali

Bearcat
Some firearms will not accept a fully loaded magazine under a closed slide and you should not try to force the issue.

cjsolar5

Bearcat
I purchased a SR1911 7/12/2016 and took it to the range. It took a longer than usual time to load the magazines. 9 rounds in the magazine. I have some sore fingers to prove it. I could hardly get the rounds into the magazines. I could not get the magazines into the loading port in the handle. I had to take two rounds out of the magazines to get them into the gun. Gun fired okay and the slide locked back on the last round. Rear sight was off six inches at 20 feet from the target. After checking the rear sight I noticed that it was mounted off to the left side of the slide. I fixed that okay and it is closer to shooting straight.
Called Ruger about the magazines. They said you have to pound the magazines into the gun. I called my better half over to the phone and ask her to pinch me to see if I was having a bad dream. What I heard from a Ruger representative was terrible. I ask the Ruger Representative again is that your fix for the bad magazines and she confirmed that in fact that was correct.
I have purchased guns from Ruger since 1966. I have many of their guns. What I experienced with the SR 1911 9mm is not the quality I have seen over the years of owning Ruger guns. I believe it is time to move on to a gun manufacturer that has some quality firearms.

7/29/2016. I made a second request to Ruger and they responded with two new magazines. Ruger sent the two new magazines. I loaded the two magazines with 9 rounds and was able to load the magazines into the pistol. The two original magazines would not load into the pistol with 9 rounds in them. If I removed two rounds it would load into the pistol. Now I am a happy they corrected the problem.
I found the easiest solution was to load the mag with 8 rounds. I have had the same problem with a few other guns I have owned. Loading one less worked for me.

Attachments

• Ruger LW Commander 9mm.jpg
    Ruger LW Commander 9mm.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 93