Spring has sprung

Help Support Ruger Forum:

David LaPell

Blackhawk
My wife and I have been seeing this group for the last couple of days, counted 13 this morning at one time. Season opener is less than two months away!
Picture914.jpg

Picture941.jpg

I saw a huge tom strutting and gobbling in town last week. When they get like that around here I know I have to start watching when I'm driving the pump truck. I've taken out a couple of love sick turkeys with the pumper. Like I told my son one day when we were coming down the road and there were a bunch in the road as we came around the corner - "Hang on, feathers are going to fly!". He asked why I didn't just dodge them and I explained you don't go juking and jiving with 24,000 pounds of septage on your back! :shock:

308longdistance

Blackhawk
There were three Toms with a flock of hens in the backyard awhile back, I literally had to fend off the Toms to get past them, I guess they thought I was after the hens.

We stood face to face for awhile as I explained....... if one of you spur or peck me, you will be the main dish come Sunday. My wife found it all quite amusing. Still not sure who she was cheering for.

gk019-1.jpg