• 3DB09635-4F3F-4873-ADC2-ADE3D55F5139.jpeg
    3DB09635-4F3F-4873-ADC2-ADE3D55F5139.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 5427B720-5119-4E9C-A924-253093C8C999.jpeg
    5427B720-5119-4E9C-A924-253093C8C999.jpeg
    934.3 KB · Views: 95
  • FullSizeRender.MOV
    322.9 KB
Very nice i see them fairly often here near Middelbury i saw the smallest one ever 2 weeks ago while bow hunting i doubt it wayed 2-3 lbs
i have seen a few that must have gone 35-40

Gramps

Aqualung

Blackhawk
Nice Pics...fortunate that you had your camera ready.

We had one start walking down the driveway of our camp this October deer season. It was a shame when a truck went by and spooked it back up into the brush...

I've only seen them a couple times in the wild.

Aqualung

loiblb

Single-Sixer
Had one walk by me. Even let me take a few pictures of it. What's the old saying of the food chain?
Look how well it blinds into the background.

Attachments

• bobcat.jpg
    bobcat.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 91
funny since this came up, last night there was a sighting here in NE Ohio and the ODNR has said they been gone for many ,many years???? good for the kitty....;)
got everything else here ,out back, deer, turkeys, fox ( the den in the yard behind us) coyotes over the other side of the road, and last few years the spring black bears tear up birdfeeders and trash cans........so come on bobcats........and were are not even a mile from downtown.............hhhmmm:cool:

RC44Mag

Buckeye
We spot them from time to time here. What is fun is hearing them on some nights especially if someone who has never heard that screech and scream and wondering what the hell is making that sound before:

We just claim it is a ghost or demon!

Holy crap, never heard that before. If I heard that walking through the woods at night by myself while armed I'm letting lose with everything I got into the woods all while soiling my armor.

Holy crap, never heard that before. If I heard that walking through the woods at night by myself while armed I'm letting lose with everything I got into the woods all while soiling my armor.
That is understandable. It is amazing the sounds that can come out of a little bobcat. There are some funny, to me, videos on YouTube where people caption them as disturbing things encountered whilein the woods and how many do get identified as all but likely to be a bobcat. Between the screams like a woman and the guttural and grunting like something from The Exorcist.

RC44Mag

Buckeye
At first I thought your vid was a joke, never thought a real creature that's not satanic could sound like that. Then I recalled when I was a kid and heard two Tom cats going at each other outside my parents house. Nature sure is amazing. Thanks for the Nat-Ed. Now I won't be too scared if I hear it in the wild.

At first I thought your vid was a joke, never thought a real creature that's not satanic could sound like that. Then I recalled when I was a kid and heard two Tom cats going at each other outside my parents house. Nature sure is amazing. Thanks for the Nat-Ed. Now I won't be too scared if I hear it in the wild.
There is no end of videos of bobcat sounds which can be fun because they are samplings of the noises the animals can and do make so it ranges from the woman scream, growling and assorted. I believe it is the range of so many sounds from one animal that is fairly small that can weird folks out. My husband is big on amateur astronomy and the local group he is a member of has star parties that take place in various areas and off in the woods you can sometimes hear the critters and those that have not heard the animal do wonder what can make such monster movie noises. Here is a fine video because it is a meeting up of two of the 'cats where you get to see and hear them instead of just having a sampling of the sounds:

I loved one of the comments put up: If I was in the woods and heard that I would probably "poop" myself.

Danny

Single-Sixer
Some weeks ago, the first Bobcat was sighted (on a trail cam) in Cuyahoga County Ohio (where Cleveland is located) since they left in +- 1850-1851.

Danny

Latest posts