Sportsmans Guide, who got who?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

So, I broke down last weekend and returned to The Sportsman's Guide and of course ended up buying some junk....

While browsing.... a set of Humvee military seat belts popped up and I thought I might could use them to strap items down in the back of my van.... this is what the pair looked like in the add:

I get home on Wednesday and my wife says there is a UPS box in the carport that is too heavy for her to bring in..... this was just the pair of Humvee seat belts.... what the heck?

So, I open the box and this is what I got:

Probably 20 or 30 dollars in nuts bolts and rivets.... interesting thing was everything had a label on it's individual package but no instructions on how to install these in a Humvee. I wonder what it cost the government to originally make this 'kit'?

blume357 said:
So, I broke down last weekend and returned to The Sportsman's Guide and of course ended up buying some junk....

While browsing.... a set of Humvee military seat belts popped up and I thought I might could use them to strap items down in the back of my van.... this is what the pair looked like in the add:

I get home on Wednesday and my wife says there is a UPS box in the carport that is too heavy for her to bring in..... this was just the pair of Humvee seat belts.... what the heck?

So, I open the box and this is what I got:

Probably 20 or 30 dollars in nuts bolts and rivets.... interesting thing was everything had a label on it's individual package but no instructions on how to install these in a Humvee. I wonder what it cost the government to originally make this 'kit'?

The 'instructions' are part of the 2nd or 3rd echelon maintenance manual.

Colonialgirl said:
You Don't WANNA KNOW; Remember the $100 (or was it $200) Toilet seats !!
They had to fund the SR-71 somehow. :) :) :wink:

JFB

Hunter
here are the instructions
http://www.ltw.net/hummer/074681.pdf
it looks like this is a retrofit kit to convert from 2 point lap belt to 3 point lap/shoulder.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Ever walk into a military surplus store? Everything you never knew existed. ...and at a discount price. Used to find Enfields and Garands at very low prices. :D

Salmoneye

Single-Sixer
Jimbo357mag said:
Ever walk into a military surplus store? Everything you never knew existed. ...and at a discount price. Used to find Enfields and Garands at very low prices. :D

I remember when Woolworth's had barrels full of Garands...

Hugh

Buckeye
Umm, did you ever look at Numrich for parts for a single Ruger revolver?

This is not unusual for a parts replacement or installation. Very detailed parts list and installation instructions. A military APL (allowance parts list) is very detailed, down to the last spring and screw.

Not intended to belittle or insult any one.

volshooter

Buckeye
I very frequently order from them. Yes, most of it is cheap but mostly decent stuff. You have to use common sense when ordering. I have only had one order that was not as described and complained. Within hours, I got a email about my beef. They offered to resend another, no cost. I declined as I had used 50% of the "para cord" I received. They said no problem, no return necessary. I declined because I should have known the product was way to inexpensive to be the real thing.
These folks have the greatest customer service. If your not happy, let them know. I bet they make it right.
Give them a chance to make it right.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
volshooter said:
I very frequently order from them. Yes, most of it is cheap but mostly decent stuff. You have to use common sense when ordering. I have only had one order that was not as described and complained. Within hours, I got a email about my beef. They offered to resend another, no cost. I declined as I had used 50% of the "para cord" I received. They said no problem, no return necessary. I declined because I should have known the product was way to inexpensive to be the real thing.
These folks have the greatest customer service. If your not happy, let them know. I bet they make it right.
Give them a chance to make it right.
He got what he paid for plus enough angle iron and channel and bolts/screws to just about build a trailer. :D :D

Really, that's the point. They kind of missed on their add... but I think the old dude that comes by my house once a week looking for scrap metal (I think his name is either Fred or Lamont) will be happy.

Mike J

Hunter
blume357 said:
Really, that's the point. They kind of missed on their add... but I think the old dude that comes by my house once a week looking for scrap metal (I think his name is either Fred or Lamont) will be happy.

I am sure he will be. We have been working on renovating the mechanical system in an old school in Atlanta (really close to Turner Field, rough area). When we tear out sheet metal ductwork we don't put it in the dumpster. We just stack it next to the curb. The next day it is magically gone.

Latest posts