Splitz' Engraved .44 Flattop

Help Support Ruger Forum:

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Thanks again, Gentlemen, for your support and kind words. While the purchase of such a firearm is not a casual thing, in this case, it was a bit "easier". As you may recall back down the trail, I was fortunate, or foresighted enough, to purchase an engraved BKH36 OM from my Dear Old Friend, Ruger Forum member Johnnu. That gun was the first gun engraved by nationally acclaimed engraver John Kudlas. That gun and the one from James DeMunck, do make a striking couple at the Hawkeye Girls' Ball, hosted by the RSSE's....... 8)

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
I softly asked about a pairing for a 7 1/2", if I supplied the "donor"..........He quietly deferred "for now" 8) . Very happy I was able to secure this firearm. :wink: Thanks again for all your positive comments and observations.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Every once in a while, it seems OK to replay a significant event. Being that I just found another engraved Blackhawk(See BarB Q gun in the Auctions section) I felt newer members might like to see this one from last year...Still give me the shivers......... 8) :wink:

contender

Ruger Guru
I remember this original posting. To say it was stunning is an understatement. I'm not a huge fan of engraved guns for myself,, but I do admire excellent works of art like this.
Thanks for the re-run!

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
flatgate said:
I'll post a few pics and let Mike fill in the details.

r44oar.jpg

r44loa.jpg

rg44rsc.jpg

rg44topfrm.jpg

rg44ftst.jpg

rg44bkst.jpg

Gorgeous gun!

flatgate

It has been awhile since we visited this marvelous work of art............ 8)

contender

Ruger Guru
Mike,, you made my heart skip a beat. I thought; "Now what kind of engraved Blackhawk has he found?"

But,, you are right,, it's fun to re-visit this FINE gun & an old thread.