Splitz' Engraved .44 Flattop

Help Support Ruger Forum:

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
HAWKEYE#28 said:
Thanks for your positive comments and observations. I followed this revolver on GB over a period of months. First saw it just before it closed and the seller did not respond to my questions, so I missed it's closing. Watched for it and continued to try to understand why no bids from any quarter, even though my math for total costs always came up much higher than the opening price set by the seller. When it was finally relisted, I had made up my mind that I would be a bidder. Again, no other bidders, I was successful, and It now lives with the Hawkeye Girls.......The Seller is also the Esteemed Engraver, James DeMunck. He told me that this work was a labor of love and somewhat of a "recovery" after 12 plus years of intensive engraving work for Galazan at Conn. Gun Works ala Parkers and custom work on Winchester 21's amongst others(as noted by RugerGuy). I told Mr. DeMunck of my great joy at winning the gun and that it far surpassed my expectations. He was very gracious and sent me a group of additional photos which I have shared with Flatgate. The grip panels are custom ivory by the Engraver and the grip frame is indeed a custom fitted Ron Power two piece Colt, also done by the Engraver. I consider myself very fortunate to be this revolver's custodian. My Son, MJ, has already put his business card in the box where it rests. Lastly, while Mr DeMunck notes that originally, the revolver was basically an apparent shooter and probably dropped at some point, damaging it's original alloy grip frame, he also noted that it did have an extra barrel. That barrel in pristine condition, accompanied the revolver when it was shipped. Wonder of all wonders, it is a 10" 44 Flattop barrel. What a great prize!! I remain in awe of Mr DeMunck's works and his gracious courtesies to me.

THE STORY.........for those who may have missed it.........I love this gun. Unashamedly........... 8)

Latest posts