splane this to me Lucy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

oldyeller

Single-Sixer
have a neighbor with a 357 made right after the 3 screw that has a squareed trigger guard at rear and a kick butt set of ruger wood grips tell me about this please as he wants to sell it . Mike.

contender

Ruger Guru
Ok, the original blue steel square backed grip frames only on the Super Blackhawk, 44 mag. Then along came the brass grip frames,, and they were put on other models. Next came the 357 Maximum in blue steel.
If the gun in question is a 357 magnum,, and has a blued grip frame,, it has been swapped. If it has a brass grip frame,, it's improbable but not impossible to have come that way. A factory letter about a brass one would be in order.
Grip frame swaps are not uncommon.

Hokie73

Bearcat
I had the swap done on my 357 Blackhawk and kind of liked it. Ruger threw in a full polish and reblue for the price of doing the swap and it looked great. Bought a Super 44 and that square triggerguard killed me with hot 44 loads. Live and learn.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I now guys that buy old cars that have had the wheels replaced with chrome or alloy ones... what is the big deal with a $400 gun that has had the grip 'improved', especially when it was done by the factory?

I say if it pleases you, WHY WORRY 'BOUT IT?

:D