SPF Stevens 44 Action 45 Model 22LR "D"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jgraham1

Buckeye
SPF

Up for sale is a Stevens 44 Action Model 45 in the "D" series with the factory target sights. The receiver under the forearm is stamped 45. I sent this to Wyoming Armory to have them reline the barrel, refinish the buttstock, case colored the receiver, block and buttplate with the original cyanide treatment, and rust blued all the other parts. They reinstalled the original Lyman Beach front sight and original Stevens 106 tang sight with an original Stevens Hadley eyecup. The tang sight is elevation and windage adjustable. Sights alone are worth over $500. A decorative rear barrel sight filler was installed. The rifle looks great.

Barrel is half octagon/round and is 26" long, length of pull of 13" and overall length of 42". Weight is about 7 pounds. Perfect for the BPCR 22LR matches so popular today. I have never shot the rifle since receiving it back. These were made, depending on which book, from 1896 or 1898 to 1916. Barrel markings and 6 o'clock extractor date it before 1916. Serial number is 22XXX and I believe it must ship to an FFL.

Will ship the rifle and sights for free for $1700. Your FFL must accept from an individual. I accept cash, MO and personal checks. No electronic payments or trades. Sorry for the reflections and the dog hairs you may see. Contact me with any questions and thanks for looking.

Jerry

Last edited: