SPF Restored Stevens Favorite

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jgraham1

Buckeye
SPF

Up for sale is a Stevens Favorite in 22 LR. Bought this a number of years ago with a missing forend, rough bore, missing sights and thought, why not restore it. When I started this project, I had no idea what it would cost!!

I sent this to Wyoming Armory to have the work performed. They relined the Favorite's barrel, made a new forend, installed a Lyman Beach front sight and Stevens 120 tang sight. The tang sight is elevation and slide windage adjustable. Sights alone are worth around $400. A decorative rear sight filler was installed. They also refinished the buttstock, case colored the receiver, block and buttplate with the original cyanide treatment, and rust blued all the other parts. The rifle looks like it just left the factory.

This is the older model with the squared, 90-degree receiver instead of the curved receiver. I was told by Wyoming Armory that the rifle's 90-degree receiver changed in 1894, so no FFL is required. Barrel is half octagon/round and is 22 inches long. Length of pull is 12.75 inches and the rifle is a takedown. Nice and handy for packing. I have never shot the rifle since receiving it back. I will never get what I have into it, but I think it is time to sell.

Will ship the rifle and sights for free for $1000. Yes, I am aware that that is a lot, but it is well under the cost for the rifle, sights, forend and al the work. I accept cash, MO and personal checks. No electronic payments or trades. Contact me with any questions and thanks for looking.

Jerry

Last edited: