SPF: Mini-Vaquero style .22 LR Single Six Case Color 4-5/8"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
This is a scarce Single Six from 2001, model BNV-224-SI with case color pinched frame Vaquero-style fixed sights. Unique to these models is the the "BNV" part of the catalog number which would otherwise indicate a Vaquero, but the guns are rollmarked as Single Six in the 268 serial prefix where all the later fixed sight Single Sixes were numbered. The "SI" in the catalog number refers to the grips, meaning "Scrimshaw Ivory" but of course they are synthetic Ivorex and the medallion is laser etched. Several hundred were made in each of two barrel lengths, the "224" being the 4-5/8" gun (the other model is "225" with a 5.5" barrel). These are single cylinder revolvers in .22 LR only. Condition is good/used with a light turn line and some of the case coloring worn away on the topstrap due to the same surface rusting problem Ruger had with that finish on the Vaqueros. Has box, papers, and cable lock. Additionally (and this is kind of sweet), I found the pictured note with a drawing of the gun and message to "Baba" begging for this gun as a birthday gift. The note was folded up and tucked inside the manual. Note is dated on tax day (maybe Baba was expecting a refund?) in 2012, so I would assume it was a used gun at that time, probably sitting in the display case at the local shop.

SPF $515 shipped FFL to FFL

OzNIj8p.jpg

ATSV56L.jpg

lCU7xrK.jpg

1VNVGkF.jpg

R1ya9jS.jpg

VTYZiTd.jpg

2N97IGZ.jpg

H5UsAsW.jpg

CFMtwTP.jpg

XSHu3L8.jpg

WoodyS

Single-Sixer
Wouldn't it be really cool to find out who Daniel is and get the entire story. Who knows, it may have been gifted and sold for very interesting reasons. The serial number should be able to assist in tracking it somehow.

smith1961

Blackhawk
Bob IS a great guy. I love the Liberty .41 BH he sold me.
He's pretty humble too, you probably don't need to thank him three times!
LOL!!!

Latest posts