SPF - Dustin Linebaugh Ruger Bisley Vaquero in 45 Colt

Help Support Ruger Forum:

princeout

Blackhawk
For sale is a Dustin Linebaugh built Ruger Bisley Vaquero in 45 Colt. It is a large frame, original Vaquero sized, stainless steel base gun. Round butted Bisley gripframe with very tightly fitted canvas Micarta grips from Dustin. Has a drift adjustable front sight with Dustin's unique rear sight modification to include a square shouldered insert. Locking base pin that is the closest tolerance fit I've run across. Free spin pawl done the right way, with a stop to hold the hand clear of the frame window. Shade over 3 lb trigger pull. 4-5/8" barrel. Cylinder has black powder chamfer.

Added info:

I left out a few things that the man who commissioned the build pointed out.

Scalloped recoil shield and loading gate - not sure if many of Dustin's builds do that.
Belt Mountain base pin and BM hardened base pin latch.
Cylinder from a Ruger 44 magnum, rechambered to 45 Colt.
Action job
Dustin sighted it in - I'm not sure what load.

Lowered for those on the fence!

$3900 $3650 shipped and insured to your FFL - be sure he will accept from a non-FFL shipper.

Sold pending funds.

Thanks,
Tim
hojIS8A.jpg

bW6DcdD.jpg

O8shEHb.jpg

UVKszni.jpg

yKb7Gbw.jpg

7Ar5hN3.jpg

XwMs7JU.jpg

oQMvlzu.jpg

Last edited:

Johnnu2

Hunter
Ooooooooohhhhhhh BABY BABY..... SWEET STUFF

And great photography to boot.

J.

gcf

Bearcat
That's a real sweetheart you've got there! Thinking you will be suffering from seller's remorse - once she goes down the road…

princeout

Blackhawk
Thanks! It is a really well detailed gun. It just needs to find a home where it will be used and enjoyed!

Tim

princeout

Blackhawk
This was, at one time, Robb Barnes' "placeholder" for his Dustin gun during his quest for examples from all the top smiths. He let it go when he saw significant progress on the gun he had commissioned with Dustin. Seems like he is supposed to get his gun this summer. Maybe he'll comment, but I think he might be in year 7 of his build.

I've owned that gun and hunted Blacktail deer with herd in the NW. Perfect for hunting or carrying in our nasty weather and the rear sight insert Dustin adds makes a huge difference in the clarity of the sight picture. Combine the rear insert and the dovetail front sight and you have a great set of sights.