SPF Customized Marlin 1895 45-70

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jgraham1

Buckeye
SPF

Up for sale is a customized Marlin 1895 GBL 45-70 that I purchased new and shot just a few times. It comes standard with a 18.5" barrel (6 grooves) 1:20" twist with deep-cut Ballard-type rifling and 6-shot full-length tubular magazine, big-loop finger lever, swivel studs, American pistol-grip two tone brown laminate stock with cut checkering and ventilated recoil pad. The finish is the tough Mar-Shield finish that Marlin uses.

I then installed the Reduced Tension Marlin Spring Kit, red aluminum magazine follower, replaced the hammer safety with a screw type blank and installed the blued Skinner Express peep sight with Talley Ring scope mount dovetails and Skinner Bear Buster blued front sight with white line. The action was smoothed and a decorative rear sight filler plug was installed. The original recoil pad was replaced with a Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad. The action was smoothed out and the stock refinished with a darker stain and linseed oil.

I have the original box and manual and some of the original parts I replaced, along with the additional parts that came with the replacement parts I had installed. Rifle looks new but has one small imperfection on the right side just ahead of the checkering on the buttstock. You can just see it in the picture. It does not affect function of rifle. Rifle handles very well at only about 7 pounds.

Available in the Springfield, VA area for $700. If I have to ship, add $75. Must ship to an FFL and they must accept from a private person. I accept cash, MO and personal checks. No trades or PayPal. Contact me with any questions.

Jerry