SPF Custom Ruger 9.3X62 Hawkeye African SPF

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jgraham1

Buckeye
SPF

Up for sale is a Ruger 9.3x62mm Hawkeye African rifle custom built by Accurate Plating and Weaponry. It came with one-inch rings, a 23-inch barrel, express rear sight, barrel band front sling swivel, and barrel band front ramp sight. I picked this up in Juneau, Alaska when I lived there. The previous owner had only fired it a few times from the bench and found it too punishing for his wife. He had also shortened the stock for his wife and as a result, the stock was unusable for me. AP&W did the following work:

Installed a McMillian McWoody stock with a 1 inch black, with leather face, Pachmayr Decelerator pad.
Action was aluminum pillar and glass bedded in the stock with the barrel free floated.
NECG fiber optic front sight insert installed.
Installed Timney Trigger and set at 3 pounds.
Checked for proper and reliable feeding and extraction.
All metal was bead blasted and matte hard chromed finished. (Front sight insert and rear sight insert left in the black)
Installed a Swarovski PVI 1,25-4x24 with Swarovski Rail and Swarovski Ruger mounts. (Not a lot of these were made) This means no rings are required and the scope mounts closer to the bore. The reticle is Circle Dot, which was designed to be illuminated with a separately purchased Swarovski kit. I purchased the BE2 illumination kit with extra windage knob that holds an extra battery. (The Circle Dot now illuminates)

This round will take any North American game and can be used in Africa for most game. It is 30-06 size action but almost at 375HH power, with a lot less recoil. I have fired the rifle a few times but have no need for it since leaving Alaska in 2014. I would say less than 100 rounds have gone down the bore. I used PRIV 285 grain ammo and it was 1-inch or less. I have the box and paperwork for the scope, but not the rifle.

I have approximately $4000 into this build. Selling all for $2500 or for $1600 without the scope.

I accept checks and USPS Money Orders. (No PayPal). Your FFL must be willing to accept from a private person. Contact me with questions., pictures, trades, or offers. Thanks for looking.

Jerry