Speed six question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Have gun-will travel

Single-Sixer
Police depts used to issue .357 magnum too. So? You actually think because Police do it, that makes it good? LOL! Plus P+ ammo creates more flash, noise & recoil in a short barreled revolver that far outweighs any increase in power in a pistol. It also makes it harder to make good hits. Most Police are not known for their shooting skills! It is also much harder on the equipment.
That's your opinion . Not mine and many others. I don't know of any modern day departments that issued 357;mag ammo . We were issued bull barrel model 10 Smiths and +p 125 grain Federal ammo I am a police officer and can shoot

Last edited:

Snake Pleskin

Banned
That's you opinion . Not mine and many others. I don't know of any modern day departments that issued 357;mag ammo . We were issued bull barrel model 10 Smiths and +p 125 grain Federal ammo I am a police officer and can shoot
That's you opinion . Not mine and many others. I don't know of any modern day departments that issued 357;mag ammo . We were issued bull barrel model 10 Smiths and +p 125 grain Federal ammo I am a police officer and can shoot
Yes, the old Fed load, the lighter round helping with recoil. Glad you can shoot, how about the rest of the dept. Always wondered why when there is a Police shooting so many rounds are fired with so few hits. Govt. DOD/DIA/DSE,(12/13 yrs) I can shoot too! Most Police(95%) rarely ever have their firearm out, let alone have to use it. Most Police qualify, maybe once a yr. We had to qualify monthly! It is what it is.

SLG

Bearcat
What load and gun do you guys use? Plus P has a place, just like most other things in the gun world. I prefer not to use plus P ammo, but we issue heavier ammo, so it isn't much of an issue. Some bullets need the extra velocity from shorter guns to get the bullet to expand.

Snake Pleskin

Banned
What load and gun do you guys use? Plus P has a place, just like most other things in the gun world. I prefer not to use plus P ammo, but we issue heavier ammo, so it isn't much of an issue. Some bullets need the extra velocity from shorter guns to get the bullet to expand.
I use a std 158 SWC or a hollow base Wad Cutter , loaded upside down. Powder for about 700 FPS. Makes a really big hole in things! They used to call it " the flying ashcan" back in the day.

Last edited:
I go to Henderson,NC a lot. It's the closest town to me. Lots of shootings there.
I work in Durham,NC What a 💩 hole. So yes there an average of 2 shootings a day. So I want to have best ammo I have in the gunI have a good supply of plus P 9mm LE ammo. So why not load it up. I love revolvers and I love the speed Six and have a great holster for it. It's my new edc. Pill bottle in console with 3 loaded moon clips.

Yes, lots of "shootings" in Durham...

In fairness, it only looks like there are about 1 in 3 "hittings!" 😳

Maybe someone needs to open a range in Durham, to help the youngsters improve their skills! 😆

2B8A2171-8791-475D-9B1C-F202DBA9DD4A.jpeg

Snake Pleskin

Banned
Yes, lots of "shootings" in Durham...

In fairness, it only looks like there are about 1 in 3 "hittings!" 😳

Maybe someone needs to open a range in Durham, to help the youngsters improve their skills! 😆

View attachment 7036
Thanks. it mirrors the FBI data base. Out of 172 shootings where someone was shot, 144 committed by 12.5% of the population, 84%! It is the same on a National basis.